Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have got an old cat. She is so old nobody knows her age. My son is fond of it. My wife and myself are attached to a certain degree too, but not too much.

My son wants us, once we have been invited, to take the cat with us. :confused2:

In Kazakhstan, we are not obliged to get the pet registered in our name or otherwise documented, and naturally she is not medically tested and treated unless no need (health condition) exists. Thus, no records, no certificates, nothing at all.

Has anyone undertaken or completed the process? What's the procedure? Any fees and costs involved? Any underwater stones?

Tons of thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

We have got an old cat. She is so old nobody knows her age. My son is fond of it. My wife and myself are attached to a certain degree too, but not too much.

My son wants us, once we have been invited, to take the cat with us. :confused2:

In Kazakhstan, we are not obliged to get the pet registered in our name or otherwise documented, and naturally she is not medically tested and treated unless no need (health condition) exists. Thus, no records, no certificates, nothing at all.

Has anyone undertaken or completed the process? What's the procedure? Any fees and costs involved? Any underwater stones?

Tons of thanks.
I am still in the process of transporting my can but I can give you some insight about the process so far.

It is not a problem that the can has not been tested so far. Unfortunately the cat has to have a valid passport and RNAT test done. You have to check exactly if your country is in the list of approved countries. There are 3 categories of countries and I could not find Kazakhstan in any of them which means that probably it is a not approved country. I haven't checked what is the procedure for importing cats from not approved country but you can check it here:
Department of Agriculture Step-by-step guides

I have followed the guide for Category 3 country, so if you need some more info about this particular process just write to me:
Department of Agriculture Category 3: step by step guide for cats

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morply, thanks indeed.

It's clear from the links provided that our cat is going to stay in Kazakhstan. :(

Well, we will need to find a warm and cosy place for her (I prefer her, not it; just in case someone finds it weird) here.

Keep in touch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
oh so i will not be able to take my cat with me also
I am working with pet transportation agent here in Bulgaria and I know that there is an absolutely legal way to workaround exporting a cat or dog from not approved countries. The whole process takes some time(around 6 months) and it is costly but at least there is a way to do it.

The process includes sending the pet to an approved country for 6 months. There you pay for pat's care(hotel and food) after these 6 months the pet can be transported to Australia. My transportation agent told me that he has had several such cases of transporting pets from Turkey(which is not an approved country). Of course Bulgaria is very close to Turkey so it is easier to do it.

If someone needs some more information I would be glad to share my knowledge on the matter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sending a cat abroad for a 6-month paid vacation is an absurdity. :eek: At least this sounds to me as such.
We will ask some relations to take care of her. Thus, she will be exposed to less stress and we will be exposed to no extra costs. I mean unreasonable ones. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts