Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small doubt about SA State sponsorship. I don't understand whether I'm eligible for state sponsorship or not.

"System Analyst" has "special conditions apply" next to it.

Does it mean that I can't apply for state sponsorship unless I have studied in South Australia??

What are my other options (beside Victoria, as it takes long time).

PS: I don't qualify for 175, I have 60 points only.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Does it mean that I can't apply for state sponsorship unless I have studied in South Australia??
Yes, you got it right.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you got it right.
Thanks saydur.

I searched other states, and it seems that only Victoria and Northern Territory offer sponsorship for "System analyst".

Any idea about the average timing of Northern Territory state sponsorship?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks saydur.

I searched other states, and it seems that only Victoria and Northern Territory offer sponsorship for "System analyst".

Any idea about the average timing of Northern Territory state sponsorship?
As far as I know, it can take you 7 or 8 months!! (around 30 weeks).
Its really hard to find anyone who knows much about NT!!

Btw, there might not be enough IT jobs in NT. So before you apply for NT, do some research on job market and lifestyle in NT.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know, it can take you 7 or 8 months!! (around 30 weeks).
Its really hard to find anyone who knows much about NT!!

Btw, there might not be enough IT jobs in NT. So before you apply for NT, do some research on job market and lifestyle in NT.
you are right, NT is not the best state to migrate to. Victoria it is. I applied last month to Victoria, but it seems that they take their own time. Let's wait :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
you are right, NT is not the best state to migrate to. Victoria it is. I applied last month to Victoria, but it seems that they take their own time. Let's wait :D
I also applied for vic SS and waiting for the result............
Let's hope for the best.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since we are both waiting. I have one more question.

I want to be as ready for possible when (and If) the VIC SS come.

Now in order to apply to DIAC for 176 visa, do I need to submit a letter of employment from my employer again? or is the ACS positive+ assessment enough?

Because I'm gonna have to ask my employer again to give a letter , it takes time to get the signature from the HR...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Since we are both waiting. I have one more question.

I want to be as ready for possible when (and If) the VIC SS come.

Now in order to apply to DIAC for 176 visa, do I need to submit a letter of employment from my employer again? or is the ACS positive+ assessment enough?

Because I'm gonna have to ask my employer again to give a letter , it takes time to get the signature from the HR...
You will need to attach everything you sent to ACS when you apply to DIAC. DIAC does its own assessment again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a small doubt about SA State sponsorship. I don't understand whether I'm eligible for state sponsorship or not.

What are my other options (beside Victoria, as it takes long time).

PS: I don't qualify for 175, I have 60 points only.
Hi

Just wanted explain , my situation .. maybe you can get ideas

I was also not qualifying for 175 and having 60 points , claimed 5 points from Spouse skills and then started learning from this forum about the difference between 175 and 176 and applied for VIC on March 12th and got acknowledgement .. waiting for the results... I guess it should be in and around a weeks time , with other members who had applied in the first week of March getting their results on 23rd April.

So if , you have an option to claim the extra points through spouse , you can go ahead. Maybe you knew this .. was just reminding...

Regards
Mansin

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting a detailed letter of employment from my employer again is a pain. I took a photocopy of the first one (unfortunately I didn't have time to scan it!), so I guess I'm gonna request another one. I have the Police clearance paper ready by the way...

the whole process is really tedious. I don't feel like doing anything else anymore, even if I don't get the visa, It's okay :D

I can't claim points for spouse because I'm not married. I got 7.5 in IELTS. If I take it again and get 8 I would get 5 extra points but I'm not gonna do it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.