with 6 or 8 others and also if I dont happen
to land with any odd job ?

Thanks,
Sas119
Yes. More than enough to survive.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Considering rent, electricity(winter now), internet, mobile and food, i would say 2K would be a safe bet assuming you do get a shared 1BHK.

Have some backup plan just in case you need more money after 4 or 5 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi WildWeasel,

i am moving to Sydney, from India, on 19th June. I found an accomodation for 200 AUD per weak.
i would like to know how much it would cost for travel pass and food expenses. Can you please let me know these figures with your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raghavendra

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi WildWeasel,

i am moving to Sydney, from India, on 19th June. I found an accomodation for 200 AUD per weak.
i would like to know how much it would cost for travel pass and food expenses. Can you please let me know these figures with your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raghavendra
Congrats on the move!

Firstly , i am assuming that cost of living in Sydney and Melbourne would be more or less than same.(~20%).

Budget for Electricity ( in winters you will use heaters) , internet(Usually 60-70$ per month) , if you house is not furnished and assuming you end up buying used stuff, you will need budget another one time cost for furnishing your house.

Assuming you have all three meals a day outside you would end up spending 30-50$ per day.

If you are cooking at home, a monthly expense of 300-500$ would suffice.

If you are living in the suburbs add 50$ for Transport(Assuming you have not still got your job) just for traveling to and fro for interviews and shopping.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi WildWeasel,

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raghavendra
Thanks Blackrider and Wildweasel,

Based on your experience, is it really difficult to land up with an odd\casual job to survive supposing getting a job in your own field takes time ? From what I saw, Sydney is full of restaurants,cafes and bars. Also lot of stores run by Chinese,Vietnamese etc (Chinatown,Paddysmarket).I was told minimum wages in Australia is 18 $\hr for any sort of job. Is this a tough nut to crack ?

Thanks,
sas119

1 - 7 of 7 Posts