Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a very strange question to ask... I really appreciate any suggestions or advice

This is for someone I know..

They have Aus PR, and have got a company transfer to Auckland, as everyone might be knowing that Aus PR holder is allowed to work in New Zealand. Now comes the tricky part :fingerscrossed:

1. Can they book a transit flight from there home country to Sydney(transit) and finally to Auckland... Does this help in Aus PR Visa stamping and validation ?

2. Second option is to Book a similar Transit flight from Sydney with a transit duration of stay of about 5 hours, As soon as they land in Sydney, they can come out of the airport because they have Aus PR Visa, they would be allowed to leave airport.. and after an hour they can enter the airport again and take the their transit flight to Auckland.. This way they would be forced to go through Immigration process which would help in visa validation and stamping...

Please suggest..

Our only concern is before landing in Auckland they should have the Aus PR Visa Validation....

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Hello All, I have a very strange question to ask... I really appreciate any suggestions or advice This is for someone I know.. They have Aus PR, and have got a company transfer to Auckland, as everyone might be knowing that Aus PR holder is allowed to work in New Zealand. Now comes the tricky part :fingerscrossed: 1. Can they book a transit flight from there home country to Sydney(transit) and finally to Auckland... Does this help in Aus PR Visa stamping and validation ? 2. Second option is to Book a similar Transit flight from Sydney with a transit duration of stay of about 5 hours, As soon as they land in Sydney, they can come out of the airport because they have Aus PR Visa, they would be allowed to leave airport.. and after an hour they can enter the airport again and take the their transit flight to Auckland.. This way they would be forced to go through Immigration process which would help in visa validation and stamping... Please suggest.. Our only concern is before landing in Auckland they should have the Aus PR Visa Validation....
My understanding is that transiting Australia does not require a customs check so the visa wouldn't be activated unless they were to go through customs first and then reenter the departures area of the terminal.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is that transiting Australia does not require a customs check so the visa wouldn't be activated unless they were to go through customs first and then reenter the departures area of the terminal.
Thanks ozbound12

I think if they have 5 or 6 hours of tranisiton at Sydney Airport.. They can come out of immigration check.. and then out of airport.. Spend some time in a restaurant .. eat out and then head back...

What do you think mate ?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Thanks ozbound12

I think if they have 5 or 6 hours of tranisiton at Sydney Airport.. They can come out of immigration check.. and then out of airport.. Spend some time in a restaurant .. eat out and then head back...

What do you think mate ?
I suppose that would work but considering I haven't done that before, I wouldn't know. It might seem dodgy to the customs officers. I don't know.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose that would work but considering I haven't done that before, I wouldn't know. It might seem dodgy to the customs officers. I don't know.
Thanks Mate,

What my frd did was..

he booked a flight to Sydney.. and after 5 hours booked another separate flight to Auckland..

As soon as he reached Sydney, he came to Airport lounge and then took the other flight after some hours and it worked for him...

But this case would be a transition flight.. So little confused..

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Thanks Mate,

What my frd did was..

he booked a flight to Sydney.. and after 5 hours booked another separate flight to Auckland..

As soon as he reached Sydney, he came to Airport lounge and then took the other flight after some hours and it worked for him...

But this case would be a transition flight.. So little confused..
Well, the visa needs to be activated or they won't even be allowed into NZ let alone permitted to work there. The other issue is that, if the final destination is Auckland and the person does not have a valid visa to enter NZ (and they won't since the Australian PR visa won't have been activated yet), they probably won't be allowed onto the flight at the point of origin.

If I were them, I would book a separate flight from Sydney to Auckland and then spend the night in Sydney or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts