Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are most likely relocating to Sydney in March, from California. Does the school year start in Feb? If so, how difficult will it be to find a preschool for our daughter (age 3.5) in March? We will be renting but won't find a home until we arrive. Probably North Shore or Eastern suburbs. Thanks for any advice.
-Vida

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi Vida,

If you know which area you are going to be moving to, I'd suggest you email a few schools and arrange an interview for when you first arrive. You can also ask them what their requirements are for enrolling.

I'm not sure if the rules will be the same for pre-school, but we couldn't enrol our boys into high school until we could prove we had a permanent address, so the school will want to see a copy of your rental contract (when you get one lol).

Dolly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Vida,

If you know which area you are going to be moving to, I'd suggest you email a few schools and arrange an interview for when you first arrive. You can also ask them what their requirements are for enrolling.

I'm not sure if the rules will be the same for pre-school, but we couldn't enrol our boys into high school until we could prove we had a permanent address, so the school will want to see a copy of your rental contract (when you get one lol).

Dolly
Thanks, Dolly! I appreciate your quick response. I will hope for the best--meaning that we don't need a permanent address! It will be nice (for all of us, esp me!) for my oldest to get into a preschool routine quickly!!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much, Dolly. The bubhub website is going to be really helpful. Well, it sounds like we might or might not find a spot when we arrive! Sort of like it is in San Francisco, a lot of the preschools keep waiting lists from birth. We'll hope for the best!

Just found these website: Going to Preschool
Education - NSW
https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/media/downloads/languagesupport/preschool/welcome/english.pdf

There might be details of what you will need documentation wise to enrol. Must say I can't seem to find anything at the moment, but I'll keep lookingl

Dolly

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I'm sure it will all work out for you.....so try not to be too worried.

Is March still on for your move over?

Dolly

·
Registered
2 Posts
preschools Sydney

Hi there,

We also just moved here from San Francisco and live in Kirribilli. I am at a loss with the preschools... any advice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts