Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,,

I am a project engineer in EPC , oil and gas pressure vessel fabrication industry. I know the job market is slow in both cities. But where do you think will have more jobs??

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,,

I am a project engineer in EPC , oil and gas pressure vessel fabrication industry. I know the job market is slow in both cities. But where do you think will have more jobs??

Thanks a lot
Hello mmauk11

first of all congratulations on your visa grant

im working as sales engineer for oil and gas projects ( EPC customers ) for power and control cables

i have selected Melbourne to be the city we initially move to

i have done some research regarding projects in my area of experience in Australia

i found that project awarding is not as much as i expected , however there is ongoing requirements for engineers for small to medium project across each state , Sydney and Melbourne being the largest job market i observed

i applied to several positions (not oil and gas related ) in Melbourne and got a rejected because i was not in Melbourne and available for interview

will keep monitoring the market till the time we move in there

all the best

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mmauk11

first of all congratulations on your visa grant

im working as sales engineer for oil and gas projects ( EPC customers ) for power and control cables

i have selected Melbourne to be the city we initially move to

i have done some research regarding projects in my area of experience in Australia

i found that project awarding is not as much as i expected , however there is ongoing requirements for engineers for small to medium project across each state , Sydney and Melbourne being the largest job market i observed

i applied to several positions (not oil and gas related ) in Melbourne and got a rejected because i was not in Melbourne and available for interview

will keep monitoring the market till the time we move in there

all the best
Thank you for your advice :)
Yes we have the higher chance of moving to Melbourne as it is probably more suitable for long term settlement
Good luck to both of us :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi mmauk11

I am also from the same field, of fabrication, in QA/QC.

Were you able to land a job?, if so which city will have better opportunities?

Any advice on which job site to use?

I am just at me EA - CDR submission stage, a lot more to go.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts