Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Currently I am an Aus PR and looking for IT Business Analyst (in Retail Banking) position in Sydney as it's my dream city. I tried to send a few job ads but hardly got any reply. I browse the Net and was advised by other experts that it's better that one to be stationed there in the city while hunting for job.

I am not sure will there be any alternative whereby I can maintain my current job while maintaining some high chances for Aus companies to contact me.

I am currently working in SG since 2006.

Appreciate if anyone can advice.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi landking1980,

Have you tried phoning agents? For some reason it seems that people don't get much response from email.

You're probably already doing this but make sure they realise that you are Australian PR already and so are entitled to work here. They may think that you are looking for sponsorship if you're using overseas email address.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi landking1980,

Have you tried phoning agents? For some reason it seems that people don't get much response from email.

You're probably already doing this but make sure they realise that you are Australian PR already and so are entitled to work here. They may think that you are looking for sponsorship if you're using overseas email address.

Regards,
Karen
Dear Karen,
Thanks for your advice. I'd have to remember it in mind on my subsequent tele-conversation with the agencies.

In Singapore, job seekers just Apply for the job ads and wait for the employer/recruiter to contact us. If there is no updates from them after certain period of time (2wk - 3wk), then we will just assume we're not shortlisted. Some times an email reply from good agencies could happen as well.

I am not sure about Aus. Should the job seeker behave the same or needs to be more pro-active? Would be great if you can share with me on the culture of a job seekers in Aus.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi..

Hi Landking,

I am also working in IT field and trying to secure an employment from here (Singapore) :D; well, so far despite of getting rejected due to no Australian Experience.... I found that some of the big company still do remote recruitment. For me, I am still going to do this method, I can't imagine if going there and not so sure what kind of job do i get into.

I think there also nothing wrong to make a phone call to the recruiter, being active is better at least.... you also understand what kind of competition we have, and we might be able to plan our future move....

Good Luck...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Landking,

I am also working in IT field and trying to secure an employment from here (Singapore) :D; well, so far despite of getting rejected due to no Australian Experience.... I found that some of the big company still do remote recruitment. For me, I am still going to do this method, I can't imagine if going there and not so sure what kind of job do i get into.

I think there also nothing wrong to make a phone call to the recruiter, being active is better at least.... you also understand what kind of competition we have, and we might be able to plan our future move....

Good Luck...
Hi Santosaed,

Thanks for your advice. Great to know that you're also in IT line and hope that your dream will come true very soon! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts