Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I will be moving to Sydney shortly for my new job.

Looking for suggestions in terms of suburbs to focus for renting a house/apartment/unit.

I do understand this is probably the most FAQ, however each person's needs seems to be different.

So here is what I am looking for:

Must haves
1) Easy access by public transport to the city (30-40 minutes by train is fine)
2) Rent in the range of $300 - $450 per week (for a 2 bedroom apartment/unit/house)
3) Cosmopolitan
4) Family friendly (Will be moving with my wife + 2 kids) (nothing too hip and fancy)
5) Good public schools

Nice to have
a) Tennis clubs
b) Indian community and shops

Appreciate your inputs.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

You should look at the Inner West suburbs around Parramatta and Harris Park. It ticks most of the boxes you are looking for. Once you've settled in you can move where you please once you know Sydney a little better.

This tends to be Western Suburbs or Hills Area once you're in the position to move into a house instead of an apartment.

Hi There,

I will be moving to Sydney shortly for my new job.

Looking for suggestions in terms of suburbs to focus for renting a house/apartment/unit.

I do understand this is probably the most FAQ, however each person's needs seems to be different.

So here is what I am looking for:

Must haves
1) Easy access by public transport to the city (30-40 minutes by train is fine)
2) Rent in the range of $300 - $450 per week (for a 2 bedroom apartment/unit/house)
3) Cosmopolitan
4) Family friendly (Will be moving with my wife + 2 kids) (nothing too hip and fancy)
5) Good public schools

Nice to have
a) Tennis clubs
b) Indian community and shops

Appreciate your inputs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Amaslam!!

Hi:

You should look at the Inner West suburbs around Parramatta and Harris Park. It ticks most of the boxes you are looking for. Once you've settled in you can move where you please once you know Sydney a little better.

This tends to be Western Suburbs or Hills Area once you're in the position to move into a house instead of an apartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts