Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have been working with a company for about 45 days, and I am not satisfied with how things have turned out and am exploring other opportunities. It is an unlimited contract with 6 months probation. I am a graduate earning more than AED 15,000. I do not think there will be a ban.

The tricky part is the visa situation -

I have a work permit, but not a residence visa since I have not completed the medical. I am planning on allowing the work permit to expire (in another 15 days), and re-enter Dubai on a tourist/visit visa since I do not want my next employer to find out that I had worked here for 45 days. Any problem I should anticipate with this?

Or should I rather just tell my prospective employer about my 45 day stint with the company?

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
why not give a notice to the employer and ask him to cancel the visa application (entry permit)?

Your new company will not be able to know your work history if you don't tell them. They are more likely to know your history if you leave your visa application pending as it most likely will cause you problems for the next visa (tourist or resident).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not give a notice to the employer and ask him to cancel the visa application (entry permit)?

Your new company will not be able to know your work history if you don't tell them. They are more likely to know your history if you leave your visa application pending as it most likely will cause you problems for the next visa (tourist or resident).
Thanks for the response.

Yeah, that sounds like the right thing to do. Cancel the work permit, come back on tourist visa. Start afresh.

Thanks again, Rsinner :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts