Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone. I am really in a big dilemma, my current points is 60 and will increase to 65 points in 03/08/2017
and i got a job offer from another company and the joining date is 17/08/2017. My concerns are that:
1) Do i have to go for ACS reassemssemnt although I don't want to claim points from the new company?
2) Do i have to update my EOI and add the new company although i am not claiming points from the new company, because i am afraid that the Australian high commission calls the new company and as i result i may get fired if the new company finds out about my plan of immigration.
3) Does switching to the new company will effect my points and application by any means?
Please i need your advise if moving to the new company will cause any risk for my points and application or not?
Your advise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Hi everyone. I am really in a big dilemma, my current points is 60 and will increase to 65 points in 03/08/2017
and i got a job offer from another company and the joining date is 17/08/2017. My concerns are that:
1) Do i have to go for ACS reassemssemnt although I don't want to claim points from the new company?
2) Do i have to update my EOI and add the new company although i am not claiming points from the new company, because i am afraid that the Australian high commission calls the new company and as i result i may get fired if the new company finds out about my plan of immigration.
3) Does switching to the new company will effect my points and application by any means?
Please i need your advise if moving to the new company will cause any risk for my points and application or not?
Your advise is much appreciated.
1. You don't have to get reassessed if you don't want to claim points
2. You have to update EOI on the date you leave the old also when you join the new company
3. If you are not claiming points, then changing employer details will not affect your EOI or date of effect

There is a chance of the department contacting your new employer also even if you have not claimed points so you have to be mentally prepared for the consequences
The chances are low but cannot be ruled out

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.