Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I have gone through the process of successfully applying for a fiancé visa and now that we got married I need to switch to a spouse visa. There are certain point that seem ambiguous or ridiculous in the FLR (M) application

1 they ask for 6 pieces of correspondence addressed to us both on our home address ( I've been here for 3 months so I don't have many pieces of correspondence addressed to me )

2 section 9 biometric residence permit. They ask for my biometric residence permit but I have a clearance for entry with the fiancée visa. Yes they took my biometrics, I have a biometrics number but this is not a residence permit or is it? I'm confused.

3health subcharge? Do I have to pay that before applying? I'm already registered in the NHS

4documents list? What is necessary? We have gone through the fiancé and we presented every piece of paperwork on the book. What about now? Do we really need another home inspection to prove we have a big enough flat? Do we need wedding photographs?

5 police registration certificate. Is this something I need to get before applying?

Thanks for tour advice in advance! Im moré than Willing to answer any questions regarding the fiance visa. I went through the process and I believe to have been very thorough.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
#1 They don't expect you to. Just your marriage certificate and perhaps some wedding photos. If you have anything with your name and address on, submit it.
#2 Not it isn't.
#3 Yes, from 6th April those who aren't yet settled in UK have to pay £200 a year upfront, so £500 for you for FLR(M).
#4 Just update documents you have presented. You need to revamp your evidence for financial requirement, bearing in mind the 28-day rule.
#5 No.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.