Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to switch my 175 visa which i submitted in 2009 to a 176 state sponsorship visa for WA. The thing is i haven't worked in my trade in almost 2 years (1 year on a working/holiday in australia and then around 6 months looking after a sick family member). I had worked in my trade for 10 years straight when i applied for the 175 visa back in 2009. Will this count against me when trying to switch to the 176 visa? I emailed the WA website but they usually take a few weeks replying so i want to see if anyone on here can enlighten me. :peace:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am looking to switch my 175 visa which i submitted in 2009 to a 176 state sponsorship visa for WA. The thing is i haven't worked in my trade in almost 2 years (1 year on a working/holiday in australia and then around 6 months looking after a sick family member). I had worked in my trade for 10 years straight when i applied for the 175 visa back in 2009. Will this count against me when trying to switch to the 176 visa? I emailed the WA website but they usually take a few weeks replying so i want to see if anyone on here can enlighten me. :peace:
how do you switch from 175 to 176? what's the procedure?

Thanks

G

·
I dont see recent work experience as part of their requirements only a valid skills assessment which you have. I would go ahead and apply.

movetoaus.. You can only switch to 176 if you applied for a 175 pre 2009.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shel. Can i also ask why is everyone talking about ''having the application in before 30th June'' and will this affect me if i apply for WA state sponsorship 176 using my old 175 visa request?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.