Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been trawling through all the appendices and rules I can find but I am still struggling to get clarification on a couple of issues. I am currently on a FLR(M) visa however am separating from my wife. Whilst I am still currently in the house she has also just filed for divorce. We have 2 children (3 & 4). My questions are as follows:

1) Is there a time limit on when I have to switch visa categories? I realise it should be done as soon as possible but I need time and money to rent a new property etc before I can afford the nearly £1000 application fee but obvioulsy don't want to fall foul of the rules either...

2) My current visa (after waiting 6 months for it) offically started at the end of August so has neary 28 of the 30 months still to run - does any of that get put onto the new visa (I expect no) and more importantly, do I need to pay the full 30 months worth of the NHS surcharge again?

3) When it comes to calculating the adequate maintenance what would an equivalent british family unit be for me? Would I be looking at just the single 25+ rate or do I have to include my children and ex wife in that calc as well? (The children will be with my ex-wife for the most part but I will have them for 3 out of every 4 weekends). I also interpret it as not an actual calculation of what the income support entitlement would be for your situation based on your income but the sum of the figures on the sheet as if you were entitled to the maximum for each category?

4) Finally, for the evidence of parental relationship it says that a letter from main parent etc is required but also says that that in itself is not enough - how else can I evidence my active involvement in their lives? What would be acceptable?

I hope someone can help, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.