Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i really need help,

i will explain my situation my husband came to uk in 2004 on a student visa

i came to uk in 2005 with my 3 old son on a dependant visa.

we have overstayed, and in 2006 our visa was cancelled

in 2012 i applied to stay in uk by human rights, my son is now 16 years old and is studying since always been in uk

in 2012 we applied using human rights because my son was always been studying and it was granted 2.5 years leave to remain,

and we renew our leave to remain in 2015 for another 2.5 years.

my question is, is it possible to switch for other category ,
meaning i could apply for ilr outside the rules of human rights?

because soon our visa will expire, so i would like to know if is it possible to apply like everyone else for indefinitive leave to remian? meeting the criteria of finance and so one? thank you in advance :hurt:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but i read somewhere saying that you could switch the leave to remain using outside the rules

as i am almost on 5 years leave to remain, and to switch to indefinitive leave to remian using the requirements that are used to anyone to achieve the permanent residence

:(:( :(

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's at their discretion, and you are unlikely to get it unless you have exceptional circumstances. This isn't an easy application, and you really need to present a strong case. Time to work with immigration advisor, but beware their fees.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i know, they are charging £1000 per applicant plus home office fee, this is a money i can't afford, my son spend his entire life here, that's why I beilige we have a strong case in two years he will become 18 years old, he is 16 years old, and he came to uk when he was 3 old, he only speaks English, understand spanish but don't speak very well, he never liked to speak other language, I think because of school

no ties with argentina, it's the second 2.5 visa, so i think we should try ?

but the time will be recounted ?

for us ir will help only in not paying lawye anymore ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I don't think your case is strong enough. Exceptional means having to live in Syria, for example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.