Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everybody, I hope this thread finds you all well and enjoying the good weather.
I am hoping somebody out there could help me gather some useful information. In 2007 we were mis sold the Swiss franc mortgage by the Hellenic .
We believe some banks have settled out of court, and I am wondering if anybody out there has successfully managed this?
I would appreciate any help what's so ever. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have joined a "class action" with a company here in the UK, Maxwell Alves. They are negotiating on our behalf and have a number of people on their books in the same situation. The banks are making offers, but not sufficient to cover the losses that we and others in our position.
The fees are very reasonable, and our strength is in numbers. If you would like me to send you a copy of their information for you to take a look at, please feel free to get in touch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying, if you could do that it would be fab. We know the Alpha bank have settled out of court, but it seems the Hellenic are not to keen to help out in any way or form, trying to do this independently is different than trying to do this with another party, and it would be better to have some information rather than nothing at all, the bank won't provide anything and the solicitors want €180 per hour!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts