Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Sailors

My husband and I are planning a trip to Portugal from the beginning of October for 6 months to see whether we would like to settle there. The swine flu vaccination will be available in the U.K. some time in October. As a diabetic I would be one of the first to receive the vaccination. Can anyone tell me as a matter of urgency a. the current situation with regard to swine flu incidence b. when the vaccination is likely to be available in Portugal and c. whether vulnerable groups will be offered the vaccination first as in the UK. d. Anything else re swine flu. Your help will be very much appreciated!

Regards

Beverley

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hello Sailors

My husband and I are planning a trip to Portugal from the beginning of October for 6 months to see whether we would like to settle there. The swine flu vaccination will be available in the U.K. some time in October. As a diabetic I would be one of the first to receive the vaccination. Can anyone tell me as a matter of urgency a. the current situation with regard to swine flu incidence b. when the vaccination is likely to be available in Portugal and c. whether vulnerable groups will be offered the vaccination first as in the UK. d. Anything else re swine flu. Your help will be very much appreciated!

Regards

Beverley
Hi Beverley ... welcome to the forum

I live in Spain not Portugal - but I have posted a link that may give you some advice and information on Swine Flu / Portugal.

Personally I think that if you are considered to be "vulnerable" given your diabetes, then checking out your right of access to health services in Portugal would be a priority - as a visitor rather than a resident this is likely to be different as presumably you wont be registered with a Health Centre or GP during your stay.

Swine flu

Sue :ranger:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue, have checked out most things, just need to find out about the vaccination.

Beverley

Hi Beverley ... welcome to the forum

I live in Spain not Portugal - but I have posted a link that may give you some advice and information on Swine Flu / Portugal.

Personally I think that if you are considered to be "vulnerable" given your diabetes, then checking out your right of access to health services in Portugal would be a priority - as a visitor rather than a resident this is likely to be different as presumably you wont be registered with a Health Centre or GP during your stay.

Swine flu

Sue :ranger:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thanks Sue, have checked out most things, just need to find out about the vaccination.

Beverley

Hi Beverley

I was on the Foreign Office websites yesterday and they have a section for each Country specifically for expats - and at the moment all have a swine flu section, which includes telephone numbers for health services in that particular Country where you can get info on vaccinations etc.

Here is the link to the Foreign Office / Portugal

UK in Portugal

sue :ranger:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts