Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members

I would like to know one thing from those of you who are in Australia at the moment. Have you guys taken the Swine flu vaccination or not? If you have taken can you please advice how a newly arrived PR can avail it? Is there any cost involved to get this vaccination?

I just read in internet that a second flow of swine flu might strike Australia

Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

I've taken it, basically it's free, just go get your Medicare card (the first time you go to Medicare take your passport and PR letter), they will give you a small receipt (that has your medicare number, the plastic card will be mailed to you within a few weeks). Then go to any GP in AU and you can get the H1N1 vaccine on the spot.

You don't have to get it immediately as it's still Summer in AU, but want to get it before it gets cooler and people start having flus (~May). It's like any normal flu vaccine, you get the shot and your arm is sore for a few days.

While you're there also get the Whooping cough vaccine shot too (especially if you have kids).

Dear Members

I would like to know one thing from those of you who are in Australia at the moment. Have you guys taken the Swine flu vaccination or not? If you have taken can you please advice how a newly arrived PR can avail it? Is there any cost involved to get this vaccination?

I just read in internet that a second flow of swine flu might strike Australia

Regards

Faisal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts