Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem?

Years ago I was appointed Co Executor for will (Law of England and Wales). The testator died recently and we, the Exectors, have appointed a solicitor handle the administration. It's a simple estate, and unlikely to be any complications.

AS you might expect there is flow of authorisations etc between me, the other Exector and the solicitor. These are going well without problems.

The difficulty arises with the Oath that Exectors have to swear. I've spoken with the solicitor and she seemed to think that it was "essential" that I go the UK to swear the Oath. She thought that a French notaire would not be sufficient in English law, it would have to be UK Ambassador/ Consul etc. My nearest one of these is at Barcelona.

I have the option to renounce the role of Executor, but for a number of reasons I really do not want to do this.

I was Executor for 2 English wills when I lived in Normandie where it was easy to pop over to the UK. My family ties were greater then too.

So, long post, sorry! Has anyone else found a solution to this swearing problem? I could swear here, but Bev wouldn't like it. B*****, F****** etc

DejW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.