Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I could really do with some help,

I am British, my husband is Moroccan we are residing in Spain. we are applying for an 'EEA Family Permit' (SS Route) at the end of September after we have worked here six months. What I wanted to know was my husband was resident here before we got married and just has a normal Spanish residents card and not a resident card of a family member of a Union citizen, are we OK to apply for the 'EEA Family Permit' with that card or do we need to ask for the other residents card? and also I was told I don't need a residents card because I am British all I need is my Registration Certificate does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
I have started a new thread for you. Please don't tag your question onto year old threads. To start a new thread in future, click the post a new thread tab on the top left above the list of threads on the UK forum home page.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, and he doesn't even need any sort of Spanish residence card/permit in order to apply for EEA family permit, following the Metock case in the European Court of Justice in 2008, though it helps to have one, as permit can be denied on suitability/criminality ground.
Read Metock v Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Joppa you are very helpful and kind
Ii italy is it important to make online application for eea permit ?
I want to take skype screen picture of history conversation we have 2years backs history skype not go too back and we have too much writing on Facebook we hardly even go one months back how can we show thats we are in real relation
And can we request for eea even straight away after marry
Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can only apply online.
Keep Skype evidence reasonable - no more than 10-15 pages. No contents.
Yes, you can apply straight after.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks again as well
We were together for months in porto but in lost tickets when I go and came back to italy thats picture together will be sufficient ?
And Skype history is not going back than 4 months
And we are renting house in Sicily Italy is visa application center in Sicily ?
Thanks you so much

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Your situation is quite different from the OP's so you should start a new thread.
You have to go to Rome to give biometrics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, and he doesn't even need any sort of Spanish residence card/permit in order to apply for EEA family permit, following the Metock case in the European Court of Justice in 2008, though it helps to have one, as permit can be denied on suitability/criminality ground.

Brilliant thank-you for your quick reply!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.