Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm British, wife American and I have been exercising treaty rights in Ireland for 2 1/4 years. She has five year permit for Ireland. I'm struggling with the new website and the guidance I've been able to read.

Visa4UK seems to want a vast amount of information not related to a Surinder Singh application. Does anyone have a link to something showing what we actually need to complete/don't need to complete? I know the amount of info required for this situation used to be minimal and current income info etc wasn't required (we're both employed full-time).

Is a VAF5 still required? Is this a register online complete the VAF5 manually and take it to the meeting thing?

Is the UK EEU visa permit still valid for six months once issued? We have no intention of moving until we secure jobs (which will come with accommodation) but I'd like to have everything ready to go so we can move within a week or so once we find something.

Thanks for any help and advice.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Basically you need to complete sections about Surinder Singh and enclose evidence required. It has grown enormously since Jan 2014 revision. You apply online, print out the form and submit that with supporting documents at your biometric appointment in Dublin. EEA family permit is still for 6 months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and sorry to come back again. I've got a good grasp of all the changes. So is it OK to completely ignore all the what is your income bits for the spouse applicant? We can complete that and she has a healthy income. I'll obviously be supplying a pile of paperwork around my own income showing I've really exercised my treaty rights. Can we ignore the who are your mom and dad bits? Basically supply just what relates to the VAF5 as was and everything and anything that relates to the tightened down Singh?

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Not having seen new VAF5 form, it's hard to say, but concentrate on Surinder Singh-specific questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.