Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!

question: using the Surinder Singh route to move to the UK (we are living in france atm)

1) is it obligatory to get an eea permit or since i don't need a visa to enter the UK, can i just apply from england for the residency card?

oh! and does the eea permit allow you to work?

2) my spouse and i are not married yet but live together, in order to exercise this right do we need to be married already ??:confused:

3) any recommendations?? :confused2:

:) thanks!

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
#1 You should get EEA family permit, as it will make your subsequent application easier. Yes, you can work but since it's only valid for 6 months, don't expect many employers to take you seriously till you get your residence card or certificate of application with right to work endorsement.
#2 It helps greatly if you are married.
#3 How long have you been living in France, and what does your partner do? Has he/she moved centre of life to France?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 You should get EEA family permit, as it will make your subsequent application easier. Yes, you can work but since it's only valid for 6 months, don't expect many employers to take you seriously till you get your residence card or certificate of application with right to work endorsement.
#2 It helps greatly if you are married.
#3 How long have you been living in France, and what does your partner do? Has he/she moved centre of life to France?

Got it! :fingerscrossed:
I figured those would be the answers. THANK YOU!:):):):):)

#3: He's been working in France for over 5 years, living together over 1 year.

Sounds like it's pretty straightforward no?

Maybe I am being too positive :p

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Well, Home Office has tightened the rules as it was too easy for people to use it in order to circumvent UK immigration law to bring family members to UK. In your case, you seem to have pretty sold evidence so it should be ok, though no guarantees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.