Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for my fiance visa soon. I am a us citizen and my fiance is a uk citizen. Our wedding date is July 7, 2012. After I apply online can I book an appointment to hand deliver my supporting documents? I want to be able to speak with someone face to face and get an answer. I have all the documents I need including all documents of my co-sponsor. I'm just scared of receiving a rejection without being able to explain details of our application.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am applying for my fiance visa soon. I am a us citizen and my fiance is a uk citizen. Our wedding date is July 7, 2012. After I apply online can I book an appointment to hand deliver my supporting documents? I want to be able to speak with someone face to face and get an answer. I have all the documents I need including all documents of my co-sponsor. I'm just scared of receiving a rejection without being able to explain details of our application.
I know how you feel-we all do. But I don't think there is much of an option for a f2f one day service when you are applying in the US for a fiancee visa.

Luckily the process right now is only taking 4 days for all visas, and the supporting documents+the application+the additional explanatory letter you and your fiance can add to the application packet will be sufficient for the UKBA to make an informed determination.

Just make sure your explanatory letter is not longer than both sides of an A4 sheet of paper-depending on your particular circumstances that might require several drafts until you can concisely go over all the important parts that explain your situation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What information should we include in our letters. Should our co sponsor write something also? He is in the uk now and I'm in the us. Do we both need to write separate letters?

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
No, you can't hand delivery your supporting documents or talk to someone face to face. There are no in-person appointments. You must mail your supporting documents. You can pay for priority processing but as the previous poster said, visas are being processed in about 4 days without priority processing.

If you have a co-sponsor other than your fiance, they will need to write a letter saying that they agree to support you, as well.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
What information should we include in our letters. Should our co sponsor write something also? He is in the uk now and I'm in the us. Do we both need to write separate letters?
You mean letter of introduction by you and letter of spponsorship by your UK fiancé(e)? Just outline your relationship from your point of view from first contact, first meeting and subsequent meetings, deepening relationship and engagement, to your wedding plans and hope for the future - to settle permanently in UK. Just jot down salient facts, such as dates and duration, and a growing sense of commitment and shared responsibility (like opening a savings account for your future life together).

You mention co-sponsor. That means someone in UK other than your partner who has agreed to offer you support, such as free accommodation or regular monetary gifts. Then they should write a letter formally offering you support, with supporting documents such as mortgage and bank statement.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
No, you can't hand delivery your supporting documents or talk to someone face to face.
There is a 'drop box' facility at UKBA in the British Embassy at Washington DC where you can drop off your supporting documents at the second gate, but no advice or discussion about your application is available. Your documents plus passport will be returned to DC for collection.

If you have some unsual circumstances you want to discuss, please tell us what they are and we may be able to help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Joppa said:
There is a 'drop box' facility at UKBA in the British Embassy at Washington DC where you can drop off your supporting documents at the second gate, but no advice or discussion about your application is available. Your documents plus passport will be returned to DC for collection.

If you have some unsual circumstances you want to discuss, please tell us what they are and we may be able to help.
So I dont know if anyone has seen that there is a ukba in the USA page on Facebook. And before finding this forum I posted a question on there and they said for me to write ”armed forces dependant” on top of my application after printing it out. My husband is in the birtish army should I do this??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.