Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I previously had a thread about my supporting documents.

I had a query regarding evidence of our relationship.

I have constant facebook messages with my wife since 2009 until our wedding.

We met twice in Amsterdam during this period, but I only have evidence of the first trip. For some reason, I have no flight e-mails, hotel booking, nothing. And it was just the two of us so we didnt take any photos with both of us in!!!!!

She has a stamp in her passport because she came from outside the EU but I do not. Furthermore, I cant remember what airline I went on in order to contact them.

Therefore, should I omit the fact that I went to Amsterdam to meet her on the second trip, as I feel that it will just appear as tho we are lying????????????

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'd mention the second trip, and I wouldn't worry about 'proving it' because you have evidence of a continuing relationship after the second trip. Not to mention the stamps in the passports:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx AAIS,

I was just concerned because we have evidence of her going (stamps, tickets, hotel), but absolutely nothing for me being there!!!!!!

Its coming to the final stages before application submission and I am stressssiiiiinnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh how well I understand the stress-my husband is usually Mr Cool but when we were putting together my application he was not at all cool, poor man! The day I had my visa in hand and confirmed that to him over the telephone I heard him finally exhale:)

You could always photocopy the stamps in your passport to add to the application, but I wouldn't worry about it as the NYC consulate will surely have access to your passport info and can look it up if they are concerned. Which I doubt they would be as you do have evidence of a continuing relationship after that second trip.

ETA: Whoops, I just saw your flags and location. I'm sure where ever you two send the app and supporting docs from/to, that office will have access to your passport info.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AAIS,

i think you have misuunderstood.

i am british. my wife is american. she has the stamps in her passport. it is me that has none as they dont stamp when you travel within the eu.

however, that was in early 2011. since then we have had an engagement, wedding, honeymoon....and now we live together in latvia until i finish my studies.

i just dont want to say i went on that trip as we have no evidence that i was there......im sorry, i dont mean to go round in circles :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
AAIS,

i think you have misuunderstood.

i am british. my wife is american. she has the stamps in her passport. it is me that has none as they dont stamp when you travel within the eu.

however, that was in early 2011. since then we have had an engagement, wedding, honeymoon....and now we live together in latvia until i finish my studies.

i just dont want to say i went on that trip as we have no evidence that i was there......im sorry, i dont mean to go round in circles :)
No circles, the flags on your profile just confused me:) So as I wrote, do mention the second trip because it happened and her passport reflects it but don't worry about documenting it any more than the mention.

You have, as I've mentioned before, clear evidence of an ongoing relationship after the second trip.

That's interesting about the non-stamping within the EU. I love leafing through my old passports to see the stamps, and remembering the crossing into the different countries:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No circles, the flags on your profile just confused me:) So as I wrote, do mention the second trip because it happened and her passport reflects it but don't worry about documenting it any more than the mention.

You have, as I've mentioned before, clear evidence of an ongoing relationship after the second trip.

That's interesting about the non-stamping within the EU. I love leafing through my old passports to see the stamps, and remembering the crossing into the different countries:)
I do too.....but it is possible for them to stamp the passport but you have to ask for it. i wish i had the foresight to do it because it travel alot within Europe, and now it is causing me so much confusion as to where I have been.

I have a previous post about my supporting documents if you can find it.

I have also added to that list mine and my wifes residence permits in latvia. Also she just shares my bank account, into which both of our parents put money, but this can be seen in the incoming transactions.

I hope hope hope that it will all be enough, but it shouldnt be a problem since we are already married and living together, right?

pleeeeeaaase reassure me AAIS!!!!! :S :S :S

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I do too.....but it is possible for them to stamp the passport but you have to ask for it. i wish i had the foresight to do it because it travel alot within Europe, and now it is causing me so much confusion as to where I have been.

I have a previous post about my supporting documents if you can find it.

I have also added to that list mine and my wifes residence permits in latvia. Also she just shares my bank account, into which both of our parents put money, but this can be seen in the incoming transactions.

I hope hope hope that it will all be enough, but it shouldnt be a problem since we are already married and living together, right?

pleeeeeaaase reassure me AAIS!!!!! :S :S :S
I did see that other thread, and I thought at the time that you had good documentation, and a fairly straightforward app. Adding the residence permits is important if she is going to submit her app and docs from Latvia, as the app has to come from the country of residence.

I think you'll be fine, but I'm not the UKBA so don't get too comfortable until they make the determination. I wish I could be more reassuring on that score, sorry:(

Hang in there, though, and keep reading and posting here-it's like a virtual cuppa and hand pat/hug during an incredibly stressful time in your life!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hello. In case it helps, my US partner paid two visits to me in the UK in the year prior to our visa application (and I paid no return visits so there is only her trips here). For the first trip, she had no supporting evidence other than the stamp in her passport and just 4 photos too (three clearly from the same occasion - something we were worried about but it was fine). As for my travel, I had nothing whatsoever in my passport. We did however have strong proof of our relationship via Skype chat and we were fine on the income/sponsorship side too - and my partner's application was successful.

As long as you have plenty of supporting-document evidence to prove you are a genuine couple and you have enough funds that you don't need to fall back on public funds, you should be fine. Your supporting documents for travel aren't 'inconsistent' as such, and all you need to do is maybe attach a note explaining that you did travel but your passport was not stamped on those occasions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx very much guys.

After speaking to AAIS this morning, the stress made me go to town and print out all evidence of us chatting via skype and facebook since 2009, so thx to you AAIS. I only added a selection from each month up until now just to show that we are in constant communication...thats what they want to see right, not the content???? obviously there is a few "i love you's" in there for good measure :)

i have made some additions to our supporting documents before the biometrics on friday, and i will post the updated version in a new thread now.

regarding the biometrics; what exactly do they do?

do we have an interview? do they give us the biometric analysis? do they send it off from the embassy, or do they give us the biometrics to add to our supporting documents and we send it off????

as you can see, my head is pulling me in 50 different directions right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thx very much guys.

After speaking to AAIS this morning, the stress made me go to town and print out all evidence of us chatting via skype and facebook since 2009, so thx to you AAIS. I only added a selection from each month up until now just to show that we are in constant communication...thats what they want to see right, not the content???? obviously there is a few "i love you's" in there for good measure :)

i have made some additions to our supporting documents before the biometrics on friday, and i will post the updated version in a new thread now.

regarding the biometrics; what exactly do they do?

do we have an interview? do they give us the biometric analysis? do they send it off from the embassy, or do they give us the biometrics to add to our supporting documents and we send it off????

as you can see, my head is pulling me in 50 different directions right now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good thinking on the Skype and FB assortment. We communicated by mobile and email-we sent a selection of bills and emails to demonstrate continued contact and growing, erm romance, just one or two for each month we were apart.

Lol, we tried to be careful not to send anything too gooey, we didn't think the poor ECO should be subjected to trawling through the mushiness of mid-fifty year old gits dumb enough to fall into a long distance romance:p

In the States the biometrics appointment is a whopping five minutes from sign in to sign out, they take your picture and digital fingerprints, and you're out the door clutching your stamped and signed barcode sheet.

Overseas, though, there are some appointments that include turning in your documents at the place where you do your biometrics.

When you made your appointment for the biometrics to be taken, was there a clickable blurb for 'what to expect during your biometric appointment'?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Lol, we tried to be careful not to send anything too gooey, we didn't think the poor ECO should be subjected to trawling through the mushiness of mid-fifty year old gits dumb enough to fall into a long distance romance:p
LOL!!!!!! Us too! We included around 12 screen printouts of Skype showing when our relationship started with selections to the current date with it being obvious we were indeed in a committed relationship. That and our rather poor 4 photos was good for us.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
LOL!!!!!! Us too! We included around 12 screen printouts of Skype showing when our relationship started with selections to the current date with it being obvious we were indeed in a committed relationship. That and our rather poor 4 photos was good for us.
I think we sent a total of seven snaps, and four of those were from the wedding. Sufficient to the need, I got my visa on the 13th of June 2011 and hotfooted back to the UK on the 17th. Awful flight (cattle car seating but the first flight I could get) but the reunion was grand:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.