Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

Following is my experience :

1) 4.5 years as a Support Analyst (designation) with the roles and responsibilities of an IT Support Engineer.

2) 2.10 yrs as a Software QA engineer(designation) with the roles and responsibilities of a Software Tester.

I want to apply for ICT Software Tester 190 SS.

a) How many points will can I claim for professional experience ?
b) Will ACS consider me for ICT Software Tester with the total experience as mentioned above?

Waiting for your suggestions....

Thanks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hello Everybody,

Following is my experience :

1) 4.5 years as a Support Analyst (designation) with the roles and responsibilities of an IT Support Engineer.

2) 2.10 yrs as a Software QA engineer(designation) with the roles and responsibilities of a Software Tester.

I want to apply for ICT Software Tester 190 SS.

a) How many points will can I claim for professional experience ?
b) Will ACS consider me for ICT Software Tester with the total experience as mentioned above?

Waiting for your suggestions....

Thanks.
This is a grey area at the moment it seems. ACS recently started a system where they deduct some years from your work experience. Immigration has not yet officially stated anything about this to the best of my knowledge.

It seems that some case officers deduct the years as ACS recommends and some do not.

So it is difficult to say for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks AncientGlory!!

In any case, can I claim 5 points for my professional exp instead of 10? Am I likely to get atleast 5 points or 0 for my experience? Also should I wait for the completion of 3 yrs in the role of Software tester before applying for ACS?

Thank you...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks AncientGlory!!

In any case, can I claim 5 points for my professional exp instead of 10? Am I likely to get atleast 5 points or 0 for my experience? Also should I wait for the completion of 3 yrs in the role of Software tester before applying for ACS?

Thank you...
I believe ACS reviews your experience with respect to the Job code you raise ACS assessment request. There can be two possibilities here :

1. You apply for ACS with Job code 261314 (software tester), ACS only deducts 2 years of experience and for rest of experience you can claim points.

2. ACS deducts your whole experience as Support Engineer because roles does not match with job code 261314 and considers exp only as Software tester. I think this is going to happen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe ACS reviews your experience with respect to the Job code you raise ACS assessment request. There can be two possibilities here :

1. You apply for ACS with Job code 261314 (software tester), ACS only deducts 2 years of experience and for rest of experience you can claim points.

2. ACS deducts your whole experience as Support Engineer because roles does not match with job code 261314 and considers exp only as Software tester. I think this is going to happen
So in either case will I get 5 points (atleast) for my experience ?

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the format for roles ans resp to apply for 261313 - Software Engineer being a automation tester. I searched but could not locate.

Umsa

·
Registered
630 Posts
I agree with Ratesh here with what he said and this is likely the case in your situation:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts