Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The forum was recently sold by the original owner and founder, Bob. It was bought by another, much larger company that has a string of forums under its belt.

Now Bob was always around and altho he didnt post often, he was there in the background keeping an eye on things and giving us mods advice and support when we needed it!

The new owner, as I say is a big company that owns many forums. As such, they dont have the time to deal with the little things of day to day running of the forum. So it was decided that it would be useful to have a couple of moderators who could act as intermediates and who could access things to help other mods and posters to deal with problems. "Super mods" !

So this Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad - Announcements in Forum : La Tasca has appeared on the top of all the forums and this is where us "super" mods are able to help.

Its not elitism, as someone suggested - I dont even know what that means lol. the "Super mod" title really isnt important to anything, unless you want to change your user name or pass a message onto the owning company.

Also, Stravinski has "retired" and is no longer an active part of the forum. Here is his fairly recent post as to why http://www.expatforum.com/expats/la...ws-moderator-escapes.html?highlight=moderator. So, he didnt leave for any other reason. I personally still miss him, as I'm sure others do!

Jo xxx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.