Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I'm moving from the US to Scotland Nov 16 and wondering if anyone can suggest the best, least expensive way to ship mostly clothing? I know about the freight shippers but I think that's a bit much/overkill for probably 10 boxes of clothes, no furniture. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
hi all,

I'm moving from the US to Scotland Nov 16 and wondering if anyone can suggest the best, least expensive way to ship mostly clothing? I know about the freight shippers but I think that's a bit much/overkill for probably 10 boxes of clothes, no furniture. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
When I came over I used USPS because at the time snail mail ended up being a lot easier on the pocketbook than UPS or FedEx. I think that may have changed so give the two private companies a look.

I shipped six medium sized boxes (the 'if it fits...' ones, not sure if they still have that), mostly clothing and the cost was under $300 iirc. I did that in late 2010. I paid for it from the proceeds of my yard-garage sale.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What size boxes are you talking about out of curiosity? We looked into shipping and it was based more on volume than weight if I recall. Seem to remember the cost being in the region of $1200 for a 50 sq ft container which isn't as big as it sounds. As a result we simply brought a couple of extra suitcases per person at about $100 per case and put the furniture in storage over there for the time being.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.