Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have officially withdrawn my SM 175 application from DIAC as my application date preceded IELTS result date.

We are in process of re-applying again, we have lost application fees once by being careless. This time I want to be super careful. We are looking for any and all possible suggestions from members here that I should look/ verify for before I hit the application submit button.

Looking forward for your suggestions and advises..

Regards,

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
were you suggested to do that by DIAC? anyway, wish you luck once again

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
were you suggested to do that by DIAC? anyway, wish you luck once again
Yes anj, they said, there is no leeway to english requirement at the time of application .. if your application date is before IELTS test result date, then your application will be rejected, migration rules are clear bla bla... They suggested, either to withdraw this application and re apply online again or re-apply a fresh paper application leaving the current one... as their system would not allow 2 online applications.. If we withdraw our application, there may be a chance of discretionary refund (we are still to hear something on that) .

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
oh.. we learn everyday.. good u made it on time :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
first suggestion.. file the application :) dont delay it.. come jan and rules are changing (atleast that is what is being talked about everywhere)

u know everything, u have done good research.. i think more thn me :)

cheers
anj

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
first suggestion.. file the application :) dont delay it.. come jan and rules are changing (atleast that is what is being talked about everywhere)

u know everything, u have done good research.. i think more thn me :)

cheers
anj
Humm.. probably..that's why I keep making silly mistakes.. this time we are more cautious then ever..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:).. tk it easy on you..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Mr.India,
Didn't you apply when you got SMS/email of your IELTS results saying that "you passed". So your report date will be when your result is announced rather than when TRF physical copy reaches your address (That takes 2 weeks normally)..

So logically you applied after IELTS results date.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi Mr.India,
Didn't you apply when you got SMS/email of your IELTS results saying that "you passed". So your report date will be when your result is announced rather than when TRF physical copy reaches your address (That takes 2 weeks normally)..
So logically you applied after IELTS results date.
Initially I also thought of the same.. but unfortunately, DIAC runs on rules, which says, the date printed on your TRF i.e. 14 days after your test date will be taken as your result date, they don't know that ur results get published a couple of days before on website.

Your official result date is the result printed on TRF..

It was sad for us, but we are not leaving this there.. We are comming back again with new application.. and probably with better contigency plans..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have officially withdrawn my SM 175 application from DIAC as my application date preceded IELTS result date.

We are in process of re-applying again, we have lost application fees once by being careless. This time I want to be super careful. We are looking for any and all possible suggestions from members here that I should look/ verify for before I hit the application submit button.

Looking forward for your suggestions and advises..

Regards,
sorry to hear that mr.india....hopefully u wll get ur money back....best of luck for ur 2nd application....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Please find the following:

1- Ensure that your name is written correct on every single document.
2- Experience certificates should include your duties, number of hours per week and salary, header and footer and correct dates format.
3- Try to apply early enough for PCC (you will have 28 days after they ask for it) , Indians always suffer from this issue it takes too long.
4- Renew your current passport if possible and if its near to expire (1 year) and ensure that they didn't do any mistake in your name spelling. (So you can avoid carrying 2 passports).
5- Ensure that the doctor sent the medicals.
6- Ensure that the agent sent out the other documents (Many of them forget, and sometimes mix your case with other customers).

Good Luck,

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Pankaj, aarav and Steafo, I have made a note of your suggestions.. till now, I have one concern, let me ask here...

My marriage certificate is in hindi, I got it translated throught a local translation office and attested by indian enbassy. Do I need to provide profile of my translator, with his language translation skills (I doubt that he will give me) Any one managed to get birth cert, marriage cert translated acceptable by DIAC, please respond.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I dont think so, because my lawyer has translated the cert for me and seems they accepted it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Please use a migration agent.they will sort out all issues and you dont have to have these kind of losses.

Humm.. probably..that's why I keep making silly mistakes.. this time we are more cautious then ever..

·
Registered
221 Posts
And keep following up, not all agents concentrate well, and sometimes they delay things.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Please use a migration agent.they will sort out all issues and you dont have to have these kind of losses.
Thanks for the suggestion.. anything else I should be care full about?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mr india.....

Be fast to file your application within this month.
Expecting you will be in right track this time.
Best wishes
Hari999999

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr india.....

Be fast to file your application within this month.
Expecting you will be in right track this time.
Best wishes
Hari999999
Sure,

We will be good back on track very soon... It was very frustrating and depressing.. but I guess that phase is over now.. and we are all set to send our application again.

Thanks for wishes..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts