Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My girlfriend and I are hoping to book a hotel in St. Tropez, France for around October time this year. We’re looking for a place with large luxury rooms, nice views (a must), and somewhere in a nice/convenient location. Having read far too many review sites, I’m getting so confused, so if anyone out there has any decent recommendations they’d be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance travelers!

·
Administrator
49,448 Posts
I'm not sure the regulars here in the France forum have all that much familiarity with St. Tropez. I certainly don't, though I think I may have passed through the town on the train one time on my way to Nice.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I understand why the original poster is confused.....if you look at tourist and hotel sites it all looks so very good.

I tend to agree with Smeg.....you will pay for being in St Trop.....but a lot depends on what you want, how long a stay etc. I'd prefer a luxury hotel in the country...hire a car and do day trips to places that take your fancy......but we all have different tastes and how much we are prepared to pay for it!

I've been to St Trop a few times....yes there is luxury, but everything is expensive. It's not on my list of places to stay.

DejW

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi everyone,
My girlfriend and I are hoping to book a hotel in St. Tropez, France for around October time this year. We’re looking for a place with large luxury rooms, nice views (a must), and somewhere in a nice/convenient location. Having read far too many review sites, I’m getting so confused, so if anyone out there has any decent recommendations they’d be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance travelers!
I have know St Trop for over 60 years and at one time there was only one hotel, the Byblos. I do not know your budget, but if you really want a taste of the core of St Trop, this is the only place to get it. It may be expensive for you and after you may not be able to afford a holiday for a while but at least you can say I stayed there. Drift by Ramatuelle, when lunch service is just finishing and if you ask nicley at Club 55 they may let you in for 2 coffees = 9€ (buckets and spades outside to make a sandcastle) but well worth it. And... in contradiction to some, even now there is nowhere like it. Bon voyage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts