Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am fasting over a few days next week in solidarity with some of my staff and I would like to take them and my family to Iftar. The staff are keen but they are shy in suggesting anywhere so I am looking for somewhere nice which has some element of tradition that a mixed group including a number of British non Muslims would be welcome and wouldn't feel too out of place.

If anyone can recommend anywhere I would be grateful.

Thanks

TT

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Pretty much all hotels offer an iftar buffet. It's a common corporate event for many companies each year. Standard Arabic fare with lots of kebabs and Lebanese mezze. Nothing particularly religious about it except that many Muslims won't attend as they'd rather be with their families!

A number of restaurants also offer iftar buffets as well. Time Out usually does a feature each year on the buffets.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bedougirl, I guess about 200-250AED a head.

Thanks Tallyho, I will grab a copy of Timeout.

Any specific recommendations from experience would still be welcomed.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I've had iftar at Almaz by Momo at the Mall of Emirates. Moroccan. Very good. I just checked Zomato and they're offering iftar buffet at 175/head.

Also had corporate iftar at Address Hotel in Downtown. Also excellent. I remember overhearing the HR manager who organised it saying that it was around 200/head?

Iftar buffets are pretty good value.

Thanks Bedougirl, I guess about 200-250AED a head.

Thanks Tallyho, I will grab a copy of Timeout.

Any specific recommendations from experience would still be welcomed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ive been to Bunny's Tandoori in Cluster J, JLT, a mere 25AED per head. limited choice but full of mixed nationalities and religions... and the food is tasty!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try Al Hadreerah at Bab Al Shams. Its outside of Dubai, but selection of food is great and the have a few performance elements throughout the evening. When I went there the other evening, some people had corporate events happening there as well. Its inside an A/C tent :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
[...]
Iftar buffets are pretty good value.
Are they? To me majority of them looks like you have to come on time 7:15pm and rush with eating, as they are finished by 8:30pm. I don't personally find it comfortable of having just a little more than one hour to try different things, especially on a nice buffet spread where I need to rest a little between the meals.

There are exceptions of course, La Terrasse @Gloria hotel has iftar buffet from 7pm to 11pm for AED 140, the selection of items is very good, water, soft drinks included (excluding tea & coffee). Few other hotel dining venues have similar approach, but majority have ridiculous timing in my opinion. Like if the suhoor couldn't wait until 10pm considering majority people here eat very late anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts