Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just applied for ACS and got +ive with ASCO code 2231-13(Non MODL :( as expected)...but as the new timelines on immi website seem to suggest it will take 3 years from now to get the 175 visa...you never know in some time they might increase that timeline also:(

As far as I can see i have three options:
1)Go for the plain 175 visa & wait for 3 years...
2)Go for NSW state sponsorship(I am in their NSW SS list) and then file 176 visa(it will i guess take the same time as 175 visa)..but i was thinking of filling the visa before 31st dec09..
3)File 175 visa now and then apply for NSW SS and then in future get the application convert into 176.
4)get my ACS assesed again with more stress on Java/J2EE project(although its not recent)...n try to get on MODL...n then file the application

Wat do you guys suggest???

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If I was you, my options would be:

2)Go for NSW state sponsorship(I am in their NSW SS list) and then file 176 visa(it will i guess take the same time as 175 visa)..but i was thinking of filling the visa before 31st dec09..
Else..
4)get my ACS assesed again with more stress on Java/J2EE project(although its not recent)...n try to get on MODL...n then file the application

Best Regards,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All,
3)File 175 visa now and then apply for NSW SS and then in future get the application convert into 176.

Wat do you guys suggest???
NSW has different processing time lines for SS Approval. (1) If you have not yet applied for 175. (2) If you have already applied for 175.

If you tell them, you did not apply for 175 yet, then your SS Application will be processed faster. So, I suggest you apply for SS first, and then apply directly to 176 Visa.

As an alternate option, Apply for NSW SS first, tell them you did not yet apply for 175, wait for a week or two and apply for 175 Visa. And, don't tell NSW that you applied for 175 Visa. Once NSW SS comes in, convert 175 DIAC Application to 176 SS Sponsored.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pankaj, If you are really confident that you can get a positive result from ACS by showing more stress on J2EE then go for the 4th option and by the end of 2010 you will have your visa and you don't need to show the bank balance required for the SS, but you wont be able to apply for Visa before Dec 2009 and you may need higer IELTS score and job ready test.
Is job ready test good? will it increase the chances of getting a job? I have no idea about that. Moreover the new priority list is yet to publish.

Wait for further suggestion from the forum..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pankaj, If you are really confident that you can get a positive result from ACS by showing more stress on J2EE then go for the 4th option and by the end of 2010 you will have your visa and you don't need to show the bank balance required for the SS, but you wont be able to apply for Visa before Dec 2009 and you may need higer IELTS score and job ready test.
Is job ready test good? will it increase the chances of getting a job? I have no idea about that. Moreover the new priority list is yet to publish.

Wait for further suggestion from the forum..
as far as reapplying for ACS is concerned then I m confident in the sense that I have worked for first 2.5 years of my exp in JAVA/J2EE...but for the last 1.5 years(recent exp) i have worked on the system designer ASCO code...

not sure whether ACS will allow non recent exp(JAVA/J2EE) to decide my ACS result...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the requirement for ACS assessment is 12 months in last 24 months in the skill. so if you say in last 18 months you have not worked in JAVA, chances are bleak..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the requirement for ACS assessment is 12 months in last 24 months in the skill. so if you say in last 18 months you have not worked in JAVA, chances are bleak..
yah....:(:(:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts