Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Newzealand skilled Migrant Category (SMC) visa. I am very confused in calculating points in official website and indeed migration agents confusing us :confused: thus requesting for your suggestions.

Below are my and my wife qualifications:

-My age - 34.5 yrs ( My wife age 31.5 yrs)
-Experience - 6.5 yrs (ICT- Software engineer)(Same with my wife and we are SAP BO senior software engineers)
-We both foll in 'Future growth area' and 'absolute skills shortage' in both "work" and "qualification" areas, as we are ICT category(Please correct me if I am wrong).
-We both completed Bsc(computers),MCA(Masters) in regular and MBA in correspondence.
-My wife acquired IELTS 6.5 overall band. Do I also need to score 6.5 or not required ?
-We have 4 year daughter.

With above criteria can anyone please calculate points and confirm weather we are eligible for SMC or not ? Also please suggest who can be 'main applicant' and how long the visa process takes.

Thanks in advance and Greatly appreciate your help.:(

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Newzealand skilled Migrant Category (SMC) visa. I am very confused in calculating points in official website and indeed migration agents confusing us :confused: thus requesting for your suggestions.

-Experience - 6.5 yrs (ICT- Software engineer)(Same with my wife and we are SAP BO senior software engineers)
-We both foll in 'Future growth area' and 'absolute skills shortage' in both "work" and "qualification" areas, as we are ICT category(Please correct me if I am wrong).
-We both completed Bsc(computers),MCA(Masters) in regular and MBA in correspondence.
-My wife acquired IELTS 6.5 overall band. Do I also need to score 6.5 or not required ?

With above criteria can anyone please calculate points and confirm weather we are eligible for SMC or not ? Also please suggest who can be 'main applicant' and how long the visa process takes.

Think you should consult Immigration Dept or Immigration Agent for correct answer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh,sorry because I am a new bee here. You mean my post is in wrong thread ? if yes ,can you pls advice to right place pls.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Oh,sorry because I am a new bee here. You mean my post is in wrong thread ? if yes ,can you pls advice to right place pls.
No sorry to confuse you, I posted a reply on your thread by mistake.

You should clarify your question with Dept of Immigration, they make the final decision. The advice you are given by others on this website could be incorrect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply Anski.
I approached two agents who have different views and confusing us. I approached NZ consulate but they are always replying that they are busy and call back.

Hence requesting for experts suggestions and so I can compare with my both agents then proceed with EOI.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks for reply Anski.
I approached two agents who have different views and confusing us. I approached NZ consulate but they are always replying that they are busy and call back.

Hence requesting for experts suggestions and so I can compare with my both agents then proceed with EOI.

Thanks in advance.
This is who you should direct your questions to Welcome to Immigration New Zealand India

Not the NZ Consulate

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,

Hi Greet

I think you can make 100 or more points with the profile you mentioned.
Points Calculation for you:

Education: 60 points for Level 9 Masters
Partner Education: 20 points for Level 9
Work Exp: 20 points for 6 years or more

You cannot claim Bonus points for 'Future growth area' and 'absolute skills shortage' bcoz, for Future Growth area you need to have a job or job offer in NZ.
And for Absolute skills shortage you need to have bachelors degree BTech. I am not sure if they consider BSc.
Other expats can confirm this point for you.

If you want to give it a try then go for EOI.
Before that you need to check whether you need qualification assessment or not.
There is a list provided on NZ Immigration site, which contains a list of education institutions and course names. If your qualification and institution name is listed there then you dont need assessment other wise you have to for Qualification assessment first before going for EOI.

Hope this gives you a direction to move fwd.

~Cheema

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Greet,

How many total working years you have? Including not in IT? And ur degree masters is from where? Give me d full details of u n ur wife qualification.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to Cheema for such detailed information and Victim2013 for openness to provide help.

Please find detailed information and my doubts please.

-My age - 34.5 yrs
-Degree- BSc (Computers, statistics, electronics), completed in 2003 from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi.
-Master degree - MCA( Master of computer applications) completed in 2006 as regular from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi. MBA in correspondence from sikkim manipal university.
-Current working stream - Software engineer (domain- SAP Business objects)
-Current designation - consultant
-Total years of working experience in IT only - 6.5 years
-IELTS- Not atteneded, but I did all my education in English from school to masters. So I think an evidence certificate of this enough ? or I need to get IELTS 6.5 ?

My partner details:
-My wife age 31.5 yrs
-Degree- BSc (Computers, statistics, electronics), completed in 2003 from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi
-Master degree - MCA( Master of computer applications), completed in 2006 as regular from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi. MBA in correspondence from Sikkim Manipal university.
-Current working stream - Software engineer (domain- SAP Business objects)
-Current designation - consultant
-Total years of working experience in IT only - 6.4 years
-IELTS - 6 (overall band) . She did all education in English from school to masters. So I think an evidence certificate of this enough ? or she also need to get IELTS 6.5 ?

Cheema,
As per your points calculation I get 125 points, will that mean I will not get skilled migrant visa but I get 'job search visa for 9 months' ?

All the consultants in market are confusing us with different stands, hence WE DEEPLY APPRECIATE THIS FORUM EXPERTS TO GUIDE US.:confused:

Thanks once again to Cheema and Victim2013 :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
With 125 points, practically there is no chance of EOI selection, bcoz if we see the trend of last one year, only EOI with 140 points and above are selected, and EOI's with job offer and less than 140 points are selected.

Other EOI's which were selected were in absolute skill shortage list, there also you are not qualifying.
So, with these points, I dont feel there is a chance of Selection.
Sorry for that.

However, you may consult a registered agent with NZ Immigration, s/he may suggest you some ways to immigrate.

Best of Luck~~~

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Victim2013,

Our both work experiences are from 2007 which is after our master degree MCA completion in 2006. We both have one year break (ie 2006-2007) to get a fresher job. Since then we dont have any breaks in work exp, to sum up we have 6.5 yrs of total experience after MCA. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Greet,

For ur age 25 points
For ur Masters 50 points level 8
For ur work ex 15 points for 6yrs or more
For ur wife u can get 20 points

Ur Degree n Masters dat u gained from ur University are not included in the List of Qualification Exempt from the assessment.

You can try to do PAR Pre Assessment Result to give u points for ur Masters. Then u can use the result for ur EOI den u will need to do IQA for u n for ur wife qualification.

If u want to give it a shot den u can do, but d chances to be selected from d pool is very slim.
Either u or ur wife will be main applicant still d chances is slim.

Why ur Masters is only level 8 and only 50 points? Based on the Academic Qualifications, ur Master of Science MS is Level 8 in NZ Terms n 50 points under SMC. If u have Master of Technology then it will be Level 9 and u can claim 60 points for that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Victim Thanks a ton for very clear explanation.

Can you clarify me for which category my wife gains 20 points ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Greet,

For her Master, but in order for u to get d 20points from her. U need to send her qualification to IQA International Qualification Assessment. They will give u result in 35working days.

Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Cheema and Victim, thanks a lot for clarification.

I am bit disappointed that my master degree is of level 8 not 9. By any chance can we get level 9 in PAR by any luck ? and so we each can get 10 and in overall 145.:(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Greet

My wife has done MCA, and her qualification is assessed as Level 9 in PAR.
we have applied for IQA for her education, result expecting early next month.

So, if NZQA assess her MCA as Level 9 then yours too.
However, your partner can claim only 20 points either its level 8 or 9.
Thats the maximum you can get for spouse.
Yours level 9 assessment will fetch 10 more crucial points. You will make 125.

The only option left with you is to land in a job or get a job offer in NZ. that will make your score above 140.

Good Luck!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts