Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!!

I am just wondering how successful fiance UK visa applicants set up their documents binder or envelope? I am setting up mine now so would love the suggestions. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
We didn't use a binder or sleeves. We simply clipped together related papers and flagged them with those yellow sticky Post-It notes. We divided them into logical sections: identification documents, relationship evidence, intention to marry evidence, sponsorship and support evidence etc - sometimes adding a covering note where needed (for example: we attached a note to the sponsorship papers to explain an unexpected payment into one of our bank accounts). We then attached two letters to the top of the pile: an opening letter from my partner (applicant), and a letter me (sponsor).

·
Registered
88 Posts
We did similarly too, everything in a pile, sections separated by paper clips and headings indicated on post-it notes. My understanding is that papers are re-organized for viewing by the entry clearance officer, so any unnecessary "presentation" materials are probably not only unnecessary but also a pain for them to have to deal with.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
PhillyChic said:
We did similarly too, everything in a pile, sections separated by paper clips and headings indicated on post-it notes. My understanding is that papers are re-organized for viewing by the entry clearance officer, so any unnecessary "presentation" materials are probably not only unnecessary but also a pain for them to have to deal with.
But document and copy clipped together and placed in a plastic punched pocket and put in a ringbinder is fine, as pages can be taken out and rearranged. Don't put them in a permanent heat- bonded binder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.