1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm quite new to this forum and love it already!! :love:

I'm about to take a leap and move to Paris on a REALLY LOW budget! :plane:

I know the economy is bad but honestly I think that's all the more reason to live as full a life as you can, what with the deeply disturbing situations many are being subjected to (I'm from london).

Also I don't think anything great can ever be achieved in life without taking some pretty brave risks at some point!

I would really love to hear people who successfully moved to Paris or any other notoriously expensive countries on a budget and never looked back!!! :clap2:

No cynics allowed!!! :boxing:

Thanks

All the best :)

·
Administrator
49,084 Posts
I might depend a bit on what exactly you're planning on doing in Paris. If you're planning on working, there is a requirement that your employer pay for half your monthly transit pass - which kind of suggests that you want to live outside of Paris proper (to maximize your travel range when using the pass on the weekends). There are also "lunch tickets" which you buy (again, at half the face value) from your employer to use at local restaurants.

If you're going to study, then you need to look into the perks and benefits for students, which can help stretch a limited budget.

There is quite a bit out there to help ease the way - but it can take a while to discover and qualify for some of the benefits.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.