Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to announce my wife successfully switched from her Tier 4 Student Visa to FLR(M) Visa this morning at the Sheffield Premium Service Centre.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum as the knowledge shared is invaluable and has made this somewhat stressful application manageable. A special thanks to the forum moderators and those who answer questions regularly - you should all be paid a lot of money for the help you offer!

I'll give a quick run down of our experience at the Sheffield PSC and add the list of documents for reference.

Background: We applied under Category B using current and previous employment for both of us. The result was a lot of bank statements and pay slips! I included a "Summary of Finances", which broke down each pay slip, gross amount, date of pay slip and date it was paid into the bank account and the employer; plus the sub-totals and totals we were relying upon. 11 months of our bank statements were stamped copies, we bank with Barclays who electronically stamp there statements - I hadn't seen anyone else mention this, but it is obviously accepted by the Home Office. I just ordered two copies to save me having to photocopy.

I filled out the application form using Adobe Reader, which meant it was very easy to amend any mistakes and for the ECO to read the information.

Our appointment was the first one that doesn't require an extra fee at 9.10 am. We arrived shortly after 8.30 am, we only live a 15 minute walk from the PSC! Security were friendly and only took a couple minutes, after which we went to one of the desks to submit our application form and supporting documents. I had organised the documents in the order you'll find below, with a copy of everything (apart from the application form) and put it all in a document folder box, which they seem to appreciate. Something that's worth noting: we were asked when our passport photos were taken (2 weeks ago in our case) - there is a passport photo booth within the centre should you have taken them longer than a month before the application date.

After that my wife was given a number (we were third there) and told to wait for her name to be called for Biometrics. We didn't have to wait long, maybe 15 minutes, and her Biometrics were taken at 9.15 am. Then we sat and waited. at 10.15 am were called up and told our application had been successful! My wife was asked to check the details that would be on the BRP card and that it would be delivered by courier within 10 working days.

All in, we were there for 1 hours and 45 minutes, but from Biometrics to being granted the visa only took an hour! By the time we left the waiting room was starting to fill up, so getting the earliest appointment worked out well.

In terms of evidence, they kept all the copies and the original employment verification letters.

Here's the list of documents we supplied:

Table of Contents

Initial Documents:

• Appointment Booking Checklist
• IHS payment receipt and reference number
• Completed FLR(M) application form
o 2 x passport size photos of applicant (in attached envelope)
o 1 x passport size photo of sponsor (in attached envelope)​

Personal Documents:
• Applicant’s Passport
• Applicant’s Biometrics Residence Permit
• Sponsor’s Passport
• Civil marriage certificate

Finances:
• Summary of Finances

Applicant:
• Current and previous employment verification letter
• 5 x printed online pay slips (May 2017 - January 2017) + pay slip authentication letter
• 7 x original pay slips (December 2016 - June 2016)
• P60
• Current job contract and job contract renewal letter
• 1 x Original bank statement (May 2017)
• 11 x Certified copies of bank statements (April 2017 - June 2016) + authentication letter

Sponsor:
• Current employment:
o Employment verification letter
o 2 x original pay slips (May 2017 - April 2017)
o Job contract
• Previous employment:
o Employment verification letter
o 7 x original pay slips (December 2016 - June 2016)
o Job contract​
• 1 x Original bank statement (May 2017)
• 11 x Certified copies of bank statements (April 2017 - June 2016) + authentication letter​

Accommodation:
• Sponsor’s Land registry document
• Sponsor’s Mortgage statement
• Sponsor’s Council tax bill

Correspondence (date - month/year)
• Joint:
o 1 x Council Tax Bill (05/2017)
o 1 x Water Bill (03/2017)​
• Addressed to Applicant:
o 1 x Letter from GP (11/2016)
o 1 x Letter from NHS (08/2016)
o 1 x Pay slip (04/2016)
o 1 x Letter DWP (01/2016)
o 1 x Bank Letter (11/2015)
o 1 x University Invoice (10/2015)​
• Addressed to Sponsor:
o 1 x Letter from NHS Hospital (10/2016)
o 1 x Letter from NHS Hospital (07/2016)
o 1 x Water Bill (02/2016)
o 1 x Council Tax Bill (12/2015)
o 1 x Mortgage Statement (09/2015)​

Evidence of Relationship:
• Photos: 12 through the relationship and 2 from the wedding day

Happy to answer any questions!

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Congratulations, glad everything went so smoothly for you

Reactions: hippoman

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi did you submit any evidence such as emails, chat conversation and etc?
We didn't, no. We'd been living together for over 1 and half years and had been living together since we were married (that's the bit they look for) - so no need to provide that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Congrats! I didn't think you could fill in the application with Adobe reader, that's a very good idea!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi hippoman. Two questions please;

1. I initially wanted to complete the online FLR form as it didn't involve handwriting. But quickly realised the questions were slightly more complex. I like the idea of typing on a PDF copy - was you at all worried that the copy may not be accepted? I am having second thoughts as it involves downloading the PDF on another software. Please can you share your thoughts?

2. Were your land registry printed versions of PDF?

Thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi hippoman. Two questions please;

1. I initially wanted to complete the online FLR form as it didn't involve handwriting. But quickly realised the questions were slightly more complex. I like the idea of typing on a PDF copy - was you at all worried that the copy may not be accepted? I am having second thoughts as it involves downloading the PDF on another software. Please can you share your thoughts?

2. Were your land registry printed versions of PDF?

Thanks.

1. I'm pretty sure I'd read others had done similar, but there was no way that I was going to fill it in by hand - I would have gone through a dozen copies had I done. Why wouldn't they accept it? It's just a form and if they don't have to decipher people's handwriting, I assume they prefer it. It just requires the free Adobe Reader, very straight forward.

2. I used a original copy that was sent a couple months earlier as I had to make a change. But the PDF one you get only for £3 is also accepted.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.

1. I've not seen any post other than yours, didn't receive any comments either. I will do abit more research on the forum. But it's reassuring.

2. I've been sent pdf copies, which I believe I used for the initial application. But it was all done by a solicitor back then, unlike now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.