Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Living in the US here and coming back after 30 years away. I was originally encouraged by Winnipeg and Thunder Bay as possibilities due to proximity to family and cost of living. However, I'd like to expand my options due to better job opportunities in Toronto.The Toronto rental market is really out of my price range. What are the burbs 45-60 minutes outside of Toronto like? Any suggestions? I would be wanting a bachelor apartment for no more than $900. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

J

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hello all,

Living in the US here and coming back after 30 years away. I was originally encouraged by Winnipeg and Thunder Bay as possibilities due to proximity to family and cost of living. However, I'd like to expand my options due to better job opportunities in Toronto.The Toronto rental market is really out of my price range. What are the burbs 45-60 minutes outside of Toronto like? Any suggestions? I would be wanting a bachelor apartment for no more than $900. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

J
Well I live 40 minutes by train from downtown Toronto. A batchelor level apartment for $900 monthly would be difficult to achieve except perhaps in a run down building/area. Housing in the GTA is expensive and suburbia is now feeling the Toronto effect.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks!

J

The suburbs of Toronto cover a large territory so it would be best if you could narrow things down to a few areas, after which we would be in a better position to comment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.