Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Joppa,

I have read the following info on the UKBA website:

"If your relationship is genuine and subsisting we would expect you to be able to show evidence that you:

1.are in a current, long-term relationship;
2.are living together with your partner;
3.share responsibility with your partner for any children;
4.share financial responsibilities with your partner, such as a joint mortgage or tenancy agreement, a joint bank account or joint savings, and utility bills in both your names;
5.and your partner have visited one another's home country and family; and
you have made plans about living together in the UK with your partner."

My situation regarding each bullet is:

1. met each other online 3 years ago, 2 1/2 years ago met in person, and got married last March.

2. We have lived together from Oct 2011 to Oct 2012, then he had to go to work to the UK in October 2012 in order for us to meet the financial requirement. He has only visited me since then.

3. We dont have children.

4. I own our house here, all the bills are in my name. We dont have joint accounts or any joint responsibility. He only sends me money through paypal.

5. He has lived here, and visited numerous times, however i have never visited the UK due to work responsibilities, i married my husband because i love him. We got married here.

What are my chances to prove that our relationship is genuine and subsisting?

Please help. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That's not an exhaustive requirement as it actually says, and it's only one example of showing genuine relationship. There are others. You must look at the whole of the document you are quoting from, FM 2.0, which has much longer list of factors which may cast doubt over the veracity of your relationship.
What you need to bear in mind is provided you have valid reasons why you haven't fully been able to meet one or more bullet points quoted, and you have explanations for apparently falling into one or more of the second list, you are fine. As each case is unique, they will give you the benefit of the doubt provided you have convincing proofs or explanations.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joppa,

I referred to the FM 2.0 as you suggested and I see i should not be worried.

Thanks a lot once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.