Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My occupation is available in SA only under both 190 and 489. Do you guys think I should select both visa types or stick with 1 preferred one (190) only?

Please advise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,872 Posts
My occupation is available in SA only under both 190 and 489. Do you guys think I should select both visa types or stick with 1 preferred one (190) only?

Please advise.

Thanks.
One is a permanent visa and the other is a temporary visa

Are you comfortable spending time and money for a Temporary visa and then starting the whole process again for a permanent visa ?

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts

Please advise.

Thanks.
Yes you can select both, but first check your eligibility for same. If you are eligible for both you can select both. If you are confident that you will get an invite in 190 then why are you confused with 489. Better research first before submitting an EOI.
EDIT : what's your occupation? Without knowing occupation it is very difficult to suggest.

Reactions: Enzali

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for answers guys.

Occupation is 313113.

I have a confusion because I am at 60 points and SA says on Anzsco website that I would need 70 points. Both other states that have my occupation require Job Offer, so SA is the only option.

Please advise.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks for answers guys.

Occupation is 313113.

I have a confusion because I am at 60 points and SA says on Anzsco website that I would need 70 points. Both other states that have my occupation require Job Offer, so SA is the only option.

Please advise.
Yes you are totally right. SA is having minimum 70 points eligibility criteria for SS and NT need a job offer from employer. So, you should try hard to gain 10+ points from English test (PTE preferred)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts