Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

My ACS result shows following:

Your Bachelor of Computer Science from XXXXXX University completed July 2003 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing..

The following employment after November 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261399 (Software and Applications Programmers nec) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 04/04 - 09/06 (2yrs 5mths)
Position: Software Developer / Programmer

Dates: 04/07 - 04/15 (8yrs 0mths)
Position: Software Development / Team Lead

They also cut down my experience from 10 years to 5 years as per above Text from letter. {I still don't know the reason... :( } . Can anybody guide me what could be the reasons to cut down my experience please...?

Second, Now I am going to submit EOI, Please if anybody can guide me that in "Qualification" should i select "Degree" or "Diploma".

Third, What experience should i select in EOI ... 5 years or 10 years..?

Please Advice...

Thanks & Regards,

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

First read the attached document to understand your ACS letter.

They have cut down your experience as your Education is comparable to an AQF Diploma.

For "Qualification".....you should select "Degree"...

Regarding Experience........Read my post in the following link:-

This will ensure that you don't over claim your points for experience. Thereby resulting in Visa Refusal due to over claim.

Dear All,

My ACS result shows following:

Your Bachelor of Computer Science from XXXXXX University completed July 2003 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing..

The following employment after November 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261399 (Software and Applications Programmers nec) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 04/04 - 09/06 (2yrs 5mths)
Position: Software Developer / Programmer

Dates: 04/07 - 04/15 (8yrs 0mths)
Position: Software Development / Team Lead

They also cut down my experience from 10 years to 5 years as per above Text from letter. {I still don't know the reason... :( } . Can anybody guide me what could be the reasons to cut down my experience please...?

Second, Now I am going to submit EOI, Please if anybody can guide me that in "Qualification" should i select "Degree" or "Diploma".

Third, What experience should i select in EOI ... 5 years or 10 years..?

Please Advice...

Thanks & Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Link missing for post Regarding Experience. Please share it again.

They have cut down your experience as your Education is comparable to an AQF Diploma.

This will ensure that you don't over claim your points for experience. Thereby resulting in Visa Refusal due to over claim.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
For "Qualification".....you should select "Diploma".....as is comparable to an AQF Diploma...

BUT we need to re-check this with others as well....

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts