Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subject access request discrepencies how much should I worry?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Joppa 
Hello all,

I am currently filling out my EEA FP application. I was once detained at the UK border and asked many questions (and eventually let through into the UK).

I made a subject access request and received my file, however some of the information in my file is slightly incorrect (it says I first met my now husband in May 2010 when I actually met him in February 2010). While I believe told the truth during my questioning (and that whomever compiled the forms I was sent made a mistake) when I was detained, I was very flustered and it's possible I simply said the wrong date (we DID see each other in May 2010). The EEA FP application asks when exactly did we meet?

Question: how much of a problem will this cause? Is this likely to raise red flags? If one was detained on the way into the UK (but eventually let through) will their file be automatically pulled and examined? Any advice on how to handle this? As I said, I *believe* I told the truth, but I was also extremely nervous/sleep deprived at the time and cannot be 100 percent sure I didn't just make a mistake when talking to them...
Does your file tell you why you were pulled up at the border? Without knowing the ground or grounds for their suspicions, it's difficult to gauge the likely effect of factual discrepancy, though I'd think it doesn't really matter (i.e. not material to your current application - 3 months is neither here nor there). Yes, they do read up everything they have on you when looking at your application.

Just put together the most complete and accurate application, and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.