Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who married an aussie girl after about 12 months of being together, he moved over her from Switz. They were married and happily living together from August 2011- May 2012. He has started a business and has really helped to develop the area they live in with his talent as a musician.

Anyways, she is a little spiteful, heavily medicated, was not happy, kicked him out and has contacted immigration. He has had a letter saying that his visa will be revoked in the next couple weeks unless he meets certain criteria...none of which he meets. She has since had a new guy move in with her.

Has anyone had any experience of what we can do to help him, except for applying for a new visa? Any words or circumstances that immigration may consider aside from the three (i) have a child (ii) she is dead (iii) the was the subject of documented abuse..
that may assist.

If only a visa, what is the best one, he is a maker of musical instruments- and that is what his registered business does. He initially came as another Swiss friend, who has been living in OZ for may years asked him to come over to help rebuild spirt, through music after the bushfires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

G

·
There is only one option, to lodge for another visa before the 28 days is up. If he does not qualify for the second stage spouse visa he will have to leave the country.
Is he employed? Are they willing to sponsor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is only one option, to lodge for another visa before the 28 days is up. If he does not qualify for the second stage spouse visa he will have to leave the country.
Is he employed? Are they willing to sponsor?
Hi Shel,

Thanks for your reply. He has his own business, so no sponsor. If he does lodge another visa beofore the 28 days, does he then have to so a withdrawal of the oiginal application?

Currently, he is going to reply to immigration, and then during the wait for the rejection, apply for another visa. How long does it generally take for the reply from immigration to make you leave? and once you have that you need to leave in 28 days, can you apply for another visa in that time?

I would be willing to sponsor him as a friend...we have been friends since 1999. He is an awesome guy.

Hope to hear back, thanks again.

G

·
If their are no special circumstances for them to look at they should come back to him fairly quickly. Once they give notice he has 28 days to lodge a visa or leave. What he should be doing now is speaking to a registered migration agent to explore his visa options. If he runs his own business that's a possibility but I doubt he could lodge that in 28 days as its quite complicated. You are no good as a sponsor unless you can offer him a job and are an eligible business to sponsor.

But if he has waited for the second stage paperwork to come through before telling DIAC he is not in a relationship anymore he could find those options closed to him and be given a ban from entering Australia again for a number of years. Did he inform DIAC or did he wait for them to contact him?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If their are no special circumstances for them to look at they should come back to him fairly quickly. Once they give notice he has 28 days to lodge a visa or leave. What he should be doing now is speaking to a registered migration agent to explore his visa options. If he runs his own business that's a possibility but I doubt he could lodge that in 28 days as its quite complicated. You are no good as a sponsor unless you can offer him a job and are an eligible business to sponsor.

But if he has waited for the second stage paperwork to come through before telling DIAC he is not in a relationship anymore he could find those options closed to him and be given a ban from entering Australia again for a number of years. Did he inform DIAC or did he wait for them to contact him?
Hello again Shel,

He was contacted by DIAC as we believe his (slightly spiteful) wife rang in..so the paperwork was still in the first stage..(I think). I suspect just about when she had the new guy move in...

Ok, thanks for your help, will tell him to start looking for visa.:boxing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Shel/anyone who can help!
My friend has had a brief reprieve from DIAC and he has been told to contact a migration agent and have them call DIAC. The DIAC contacted him after his reply and actually was reasonable and willing to help as much as they can, but, he very clearly stated that he does not fit within the visa requirements for his current visa. So he has been online and needs to find an agent who will act on his behalf, ASAP! The agent he is looking at is www . migrationagents-melbourne . com. au a company named Nevett Ford (looks expensive). Has anyone used these people? Is there an agent who is credible that may help him? My hope is that he can apply for a business visa, or even consider study here and then he can work 20 hrs...and then maybe apply for a job in that area...music afterwards. As a musician, he though will need to have certain qualifications which he does not yet have, he learned everything in training, rather than in a school.

Thanks for any help and quick response!

gvg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.