Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,

I am planning to apply under subclass 489 relative/family sponsorship. Is this visa type at par with Australian PR or FS is treated as a temporary visa?

I also have option to apply under 190 State Sponsorship. Which one is better Family sponsorship route or State Sponsorship route.

I want to apply as ICT Business Analyst and i have 65 points.

Kindly guide me members.

Regards,
NN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Age-25, English- 20, Education(Non ICT)- 15, exp-5 (wil get 5 more points in sep 2018)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dear, 489 Family Sponsored is a Temporary Residence (TR) immigration but you can apply for PR after spending 2 years in Australia on TR so that's not a big deal.

I've also applied 489 Family Sponsored under Software Engineer (2613) with 65 points for Victoria State and waiting for the invitation from more than 3 months now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear, 489 Family Sponsored is a Temporary Residence (TR) immigration but you can apply for PR after spending 2 years in Australia on TR so that's not a big deal.

I've also applied 489 Family Sponsored under Software Engineer (2613) with 65 points for Victoria State and waiting for the invitation from more than 3 months now.
Thanks for the response.

I have one more question.

Are employers in Australia fine with hiring some one on TR visa like 489 FS. I have heard that it is tough to get jobs if one is on TR visa. Not sure if this applies for 489 FS also.

Regards,
NN

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the response.

I have one more question.

Are employers in Australia fine with hiring some one on TR visa like 489 FS. I have heard that it is tough to get jobs if one is on TR visa. Not sure if this applies for 489 FS also.

Regards,
NN
Well, it totally depends upon your luck as you can apply for PR for sure after spending 2 years in the specific state/region so few employers might not consider you for employment on TR but normally people are getting jobs on TR as well.

I've applied in the same subclass with 65 points and waiting for the invitation. For me I think once you get to Australia, whether on TR or PR, you have achieved your goal.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dear members,

I am planning to apply under subclass 489 relative/family sponsorship. Is this visa type at par with Australian PR or FS is treated as a temporary visa?

I also have option to apply under 190 State Sponsorship. Which one is better Family sponsorship route or State Sponsorship route.

Kindly guide me members.

Regards,
NN

Age-25, English- 20, Education(Non ICT)- 15, exp-5 (wil get 5 more points in sep 2018)
Firstly, 489 SS or FS is a TR visa valid for 4 years which is a invited pathway to PR after two years fulfilling minor conditions.

In case if u r getting option to 190 without much delay(not more than 2-3 months) then proceed to 190.

On 489 u will able to grab jobs as same on 190, without any issue.

The main concern is whether it is 489 or 190, u will first need a invitation. Lodge EOI's in both visa classes and proceed which comes first.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Dear members,

Kindly guide me members.

Regards,
NN

Ensure you understand the mechanism for inviting 489 FS, and the implications for pro-rata skills, especially those with the longest (and therefore highest-points/oldest-DoE) queues.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hello NN,

489 is a temporary visa valid for 4 years with the following minimum conditions:
1. You must be prepared to live, work and study in only certain areas of Australia. If you are:
nominated by a state or territory government agency, this is a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area
2. sponsored by a relative, this is a designated area of Australia.Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

This visa lets you and your family:

stay in Australia for up to 4 years
live, work and study in a specified region of Australia
travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
apply for permanent residency, if eligible, through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello

This is Rehan. I want to know the minimum points at which people have recently got invitation for 489 family sponsored as Engineering Technologist in September 2017.

Please also tell for the categories of 190 and 189.

Regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts