Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am hoping someone on here will be able to help me. PLEASE!

I applied for a Subclass 475 April 1 2010, at the time I was told it would take 9 months, then 9 months later I was told 2 years. 2 years later (April 2012) I was told no case officer was assigned and to expect it to take at least 5 years as my type of application was not considered a priority. So with that in mind I put all knowledge of Australian Immigration out of my mind and renewed my current contract and apartment lease with the intention of forgetting all about Australia (another 3 years is a long time!). Only this week I was advised that my CO was asking for the police reports and medicals! So, long story short, assuming my application gets approved how long do I have to actually validate the visa? Once the visa is validated do I need to commence work in Oz immediately? Basically I need to try and guestimate how long I will have to get there whilst managing my responsibilities where I currently am. Can anyone help?

Would be very grateful for any advice...:)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I think it's the same as the 175 visa in that you will have 12 months from the date of your medical or police check (whichever one was done first will determine when the 12 months start). As it's a temporary regional visa it might be wise to move over within the 12 months to satisfy the requirement of living in a regional area for two years otherwise I'm not sure if you'd get PR.

Dolly

Reactions: masoudrgh

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi, I am hoping someone on here will be able to help me. PLEASE!

I applied for a Subclass 475 April 1 2010, at the time I was told it would take 9 months, then 9 months later I was told 2 years. 2 years later (April 2012) I was told no case officer was assigned and to expect it to take at least 5 years as my type of application was not considered a priority. So with that in mind I put all knowledge of Australian Immigration out of my mind and renewed my current contract and apartment lease with the intention of forgetting all about Australia (another 3 years is a long time!). Only this week I was advised that my CO was asking for the police reports and medicals! So, long story short, assuming my application gets approved how long do I have to actually validate the visa? Once the visa is validated do I need to commence work in Oz immediately? Basically I need to try and guestimate how long I will have to get there whilst managing my responsibilities where I currently am. Can anyone help?

Would be very grateful for any advice...:)
i am surprized for the 475 application taking that long....any one else with same case?????

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think his occupation is off the SOL list. So Category-5 and hence took this much long....otherwise...475 wid occupation on SOL is same as that of 176......

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi guys!!

I m exploring the option to apply 475 visa once I receive my assessment from EA ( expected to come in June end )

I m mechanical engineer with 5.5 exp ,please advice me the procedure of this visa

Furthermore , how one can convert this visa in PR visa once you fulfill the obligation of living in regional area ( what are chances to convert ,fees to convert ,time to convert etc etc )

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys!!

I m exploring the option to apply 475 visa once I receive my assessment from EA ( expected to come in June end )

I m mechanical engineer with 5.5 exp ,please advice me the procedure of this visa

Furthermore , how one can convert this visa in PR visa once you fulfill the obligation of living in regional area ( what are chances to convert ,fees to convert ,time to convert etc etc )
Well, If you can have sufficient points for 176 visa , then I recommend you to go for it otherwise 475 can be next option ( SS 475 fetches us 10 points but its a temporary visa for 3 years initially but SS 176 fetched 5 points and its a PR).

Now, after you get your skills assessed you can apply for WA SS depending upon your fulfilment of points as mentioned above. Then you have to follow the new rules of skillselect and apply via EOI system as you have said you will only receive your assessment at end of June. So please be aware that all these current visas will be removed after July 1 and new visa subclass are in place. For example, current 475 visa is being replaced by 489 visa. please check the following link for details : Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa

If you go by this visa, you need to live in regional area for a period of 2 years and should work for at least 1 year. After you have done this, you can apply" Pathway visa to permanent regional residence visa 887". It is simple procedure and costs around 350 dollars i think. So once you oblige by ur visa rules, it should not be a problem.

I applied for 475 because I did not have enough points to go for 176. Like I said, if you have enuf points for 176 (from new rule it is being changed to subclass 190, please see the mentioned link), go for this direct PR. All the best!!!

Reactions: masoudrgh

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks ,it is a great piece of info !!

Although, I am looking forward to apply for 175 in old rule and this is my best plan but this could happen only
If ( this " if" is like a very big thing for me) :)

1.) I receive EA result in June end( it is possible if I consider current turnaround time)

2.)I can manage to get 7 each in all module this time ( already gave ILETS Academic last year but didn't get 7 each however ,this time I m going for general but it's not that easy to get 7 each ):(

If this happens then its great but if its not then I have to explore other possibilities

So other possibilities is to go for 176, 475 but it's unfortunate that it could only happen in new rule :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.