Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i joined this forum today after looking through it for years now.

I am hoping someone will be able to help me. Me and my partner are applying for immigration and was hoping to qualify for the general skilled migration visa. To help gain extra points my partner had to do a ielts test and we got the results through today. We needed an 8 for general skilled and even though his overall score was 8 he did get a 7 and 7.5 in two parts. He is going to take the test again but with this score we do qualify for the subclass 475 visa and we would like to go to WA. My main question is once this visa is granted how long before you have to enter WA? Does the three years start as soon as its granted or from when you actually enter Australia?

i have been trying to find this out all evening on various websites but nothing is standing out.

Any help would be great.
Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone knows any information regarding this i would be forever grateful. I am so confused because different states seem to have different rules.
Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there, i joined this forum today after looking through it for years now.

I am hoping someone will be able to help me. Me and my partner are applying for immigration and was hoping to qualify for the general skilled migration visa. To help gain extra points my partner had to do a ielts test and we got the results through today. We needed an 8 for general skilled and even though his overall score was 8 he did get a 7 and 7.5 in two parts. He is going to take the test again but with this score we do qualify for the subclass 475 visa and we would like to go to WA. My main question is once this visa is granted how long before you have to enter WA? Does the three years start as soon as its granted or from when you actually enter Australia?

i have been trying to find this out all evening on various websites but nothing is standing out.

Any help would be great.
Thank you
Hi.

Yes you can apply for subclass 475. You need to score 65 points (all-in-all) to qualify for the visa application process. Please check DIAC site for details.

Generally, they give you a year for entering, starting off from the day your visa is granted. The 3 year period starts from the first date of entry in WA.

Hope this satisfies your queries.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.

Yes you can apply for subclass 475. You need to score 65 points (all-in-all) to qualify for the visa application process. Please check DIAC site for details.

Generally, they give you a year for entering, starting off from the day your visa is granted. The 3 year period starts from the first date of entry in WA.

Hope this satisfies your queries.

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I was hoping that would be the case. Do you know how long it generally takes for the 475 visa to be granted. Me and my partner are in a situation where we cant really too soon. money and things like that need to be sorted first.

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I was hoping that would be the case. Do you know how long it generally takes for the 475 visa to be granted. Me and my partner are in a situation where we cant really too soon. money and things like that need to be sorted first.

Thank you
Generally speaking, there is no fixed timeframe, but it may take from a few months (5-6) to a few years (2-3). It depends on the occupation really and its requirement in the state you're applying for.

However, the visa processing itself may not take as long as the pre-cursory details (accredition, sponsorship etc). And Australian DIAC is in no hurry to hand out visas, so it's better to start right away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we aim to have our visa lodged by july as i understand the rules are becoming stricter after this. we have a positive ielts test now my partner need to assessed for his skills as a carpenter. ideally we would love to go asap but want enough time to fully prepare as well. i suppose 12 months would be long enough to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.