Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I've got my PR Visa (Subclass 176 - Family Sponsored) in September 2011. I have not visited Australia yet. My last date to enter Australia is 5th May 2012. I have recently got married and planning to go along with my wife after getting Tourist Visa for her.

Meanwhile I am also planning to launch Dependent Visa(Subclass 309) for My Wife this week.

My query is, Can I apply Dependent Visa for my wife before making my initial entry to Australia (after getting PR)? OR should I make my first entry Australia and then only would I be able to apply Spouse Visa for my Wife?

Query 2 : Is there any process involved or anything we need to do after/before making initial entry after getting PR?

Please Reply...

Many Thanks
Sunil

G

·
Is there any reason why your wife was not added as dependent on your visa?
I wouldnt advise trying to apply for her visa until you have validated yours. Until you have validated your visa is not official!
You did not recieve the 'must not marry before entry' condition on your visa?
Have you already notified DIAC you have married? Or even that you intended to marry? You must inform them of such changes right up until the day you validate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
309 Partner Visa

Hey,

I have apply for partner visa, is there anyone who recently received their visa..
I need some guid line

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldnt advise trying to apply for her visa until you have validated yours. Until you have validated your visa is not official!
Have you already notified DIAC you have married? Or even that you intended to marry? You must inform them of such changes right up until the day you validate.
Thanks for the reply shel..

I've got my PR in September 2011. I got married recently in Feb. 2012. That's the reason i have not included her in my application..
What you mean by Validation? Is crossing the immigration/passing through port of entry is validation? Pls. Confirm.
I don't have 'must not marry before entry' condition on my visa. My Wife launching her Dependent visa application this week, it would take 6-7 months time to get her Visa. Meanwhile to stay with me in Aus. she is planning to apply Tourist Visa.

Pls. Suggest?

Regards
Sunil

·
Registered
78 Posts
When i got my Visa, Me already got marry....and where they mention that 'must not marry before entry' in visa???

I am confuse abt this....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey,

My CO is Can anyone please share their experience about him... how he work and how much time he will take... how he respond???.......
y,

My CO is Can anyone please share their experience about him... how he work and how much time he will take... how he respond???.......

·
Registered
78 Posts
My CO is Can anyone please share their experience about him... how he work and how much time he will take... how he respond???.......[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply shel..

I've got my PR in September 2011. I got married recently in Feb. 2012. That's the reason i have not included her in my application..
What you mean by Validation? Is crossing the immigration/passing through port of entry is validation? Pls. Confirm.
I don't have 'must not marry before entry' condition on my visa. My Wife launching her Dependent visa application this week, it would take 6-7 months time to get her Visa. Meanwhile to stay with me in Aus. she is planning to apply Tourist Visa.

Pls. Suggest?

Regards
Sunil
which visa u have applied nw?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dear All,

I've got my PR Visa (Subclass 176 - Family Sponsored) in September 2011. I have not visited Australia yet. My last date to enter Australia is 5th May 2012. I have recently got married and planning to go along with my wife after getting Tourist Visa for her.

Meanwhile I am also planning to launch Dependent Visa(Subclass 309) for My Wife this week.

My query is, Can I apply Dependent Visa for my wife before making my initial entry to Australia (after getting PR)? OR should I make my first entry Australia and then only would I be able to apply Spouse Visa for my Wife?

Query 2 : Is there any process involved or anything we need to do after/before making initial entry after getting PR?

Please Reply...

Many Thanks
Sunil
Hi Kumar,

You need to make your first entry to Australia before your VISA is validated. I got my PR in Jan 2009, I made my initial entry on Mar 2009 and returned back home. It is only after your first entry that your PR is recognised. Until you make your initial entry your PR is not recognised and therefore you can't apply for a spouse visa for your wife.

There are 2 two typs of spouse visa that you can apply, onshore and offshore. If your wife comes with you to Australia on a tourist visa and than you apply for her it will be an onshore spouse visa and while her visa is being processed you might have to pay for bridging visa. If you apply for her visa while she is still in India that will be the offshore visa. The documentation that the DIAC will require is proof of residence, as in a address in australia, your job status in australia and documentation that you are in a real marriage. Hope this details helps.

I applied for offshore spouse visa for my husband. It was only after I had a permanent job in australia that they approved of my husband's visa. It took us about 5-6months to get all the documentations. during that time frame my husband and I were separated. He was in Singapore and I was in Australia.

Another option you need to take note of is that if your wife applies for the visa while she is in India, she will have to be in India when the visa is approved to get it. If she is in Australia they will not approve the visa.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys,

My situation:
I have Aus PR (Visa SC189) and I would be moving to Aus by Jan end, next year. I am getting married on Dec 8th, 2013.

Query:
Which Visa option I should go for, for my fiance, Visa SC300 or 309?
Which one would be processed faster and would enable her to work in Aus/NZ?

Someone with prior experience, please enlighten me.

Regards,
Sumit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys,

My situation:
I have Aus PR (Visa SC189) and I would be moving to Aus by Jan end, next year. I am getting married on Dec 8th, 2013.

Query:
Which Visa option I should go for, for my fiance, Visa SC300 or 309?
Which one would be processed faster and would enable her to work in Aus/NZ?

Someone with prior experience, please enlighten me.

Regards,
Sumit.
Hi,

The process I followed is applied Visiting visa & Dependant visa soon after marriage.
Visiting visa got in a week for a duration of 6 months. My wife came with me on a tourist Visa. For us dependant visa took7 months. She went back to india after 6 months/visiting visa expiration and joined me after getting her dependant visa SC309. In general avg time line for SC309 3-6 months.
Not sure about SC300. I don't think you even have time to lodge since ur getting married on dec 8.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I am about to get married on March and my fiance was previously married but he is already annulled.
We are planning to lodge an Spouse Australian visa as i have a permanent residency visa, but we intend not to declare the previous marriage due to child custody agreement that if he remarries again before the child turns 12, the custody will turn in favor of her grandmother (Mother's side) and we don't want that to happen and also the processing will be longer than usual. Since we are not going to declare his previous marriage, would it be considered as misrepresentation or fraud in the application?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All,
i am getting married by June'14 but my VISA is already under processing (except PCC i am done with everything). At this point, I cant add her as an additional applicant, as mine is a love marriage and i tried persuading their parents for this VISA processing case to get married in a registrar office, but in vain. And we dont want to go against the parents and screw ourselves for the rest of our life.
For now, the only option for me is to add her as my spouse after our marriage. In that case, i need to know what are all the options i can make use of it, so that i can take her with me to Australia after our marriage. Also i have the below questions.

1. Can i take her alone with me after marriage by having a tourist VISA for her?
2. If so, how long will it take to get the tourist VISA for her? And how much it will cost?
3. Do i need to apply for Tourist VISA after our marriage or can i apply for the same for her before that itself? If we can able to apply before marriage, whats the proof required?

Also after going through few threads in our forum, i see that for our dependents, they will be giving a separate VISA which is valid for only 2 years and we may have to renew the same after its expiry? And few members have mentioned the processing time is around 6 months to an year, is there we can pay additional money and get it processed at the earliest?

P.S: Sorry for bugging with lot many questions and kindly appreciate your replies. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts