Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am newbie here. I have 15yrs of IT experience and currently working in India. I want to move to Australia under Subclass 189. I've been evaluated by an immigration consultant and have scored 60 points. For age I've scored 25 points but my concern is in another 6 months I would loose these points and wont be able to score 60 points because my age would have passed date if my visa is not granted by then.
My question is would I be able to get my Subclass 189 cleared in 6 months, and even I cross the 6 months, would they considered the old points as my processing has started. Please experts advice. My consultant is saying it will be definitely cleared in 6 months. I can not trust him as he wants me enroll and make money!

Also, howz the job market in Australia for Business Intelligence profiles

Thanks very much

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello,

I am newbie here. I have 15yrs of IT experience and currently working in India. I want to move to Australia under Subclass 189. I've been evaluated by an immigration consultant and have scored 60 points. For age I've scored 25 points but my concern is in another 6 months I would loose these points and wont be able to score 60 points because my age would have passed date if my visa is not granted by then.
My question is would I be able to get my Subclass 189 cleared in 6 months, and even I cross the 6 months, would they considered the old points as my processing has started. Please experts advice. My consultant is saying it will be definitely cleared in 6 months. I can not trust him as he wants me enroll and make money!

Also, howz the job market in Australia for Business Intelligence profiles

Thanks very much

Important is your age at time of invitation! The visa grant date does not matter. Your agent should really know that!! If you have not paid him yet maybe have a think about changing him.

Check this out:

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-tested-migration-fact-sheet.pdf

It also helps you to easily calculate your points yourself.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts