Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I was reached by the GSM Brisbane CO second time for the FBI clearance and English ability for my wife, which i both provided within a week. It has been 3 months since then and the case still shows "Assessment in Progress". I was invited in the month of March 2017 originally. Is this normal? I noticed they have a phone number for you if you are in Australia for any question on progress and suggesting to call the consulate if you are outside Australia. I am in the USA by the way and a bit worried about what's going on. Please advise what I should do? My visa is Subclass 189.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Folks, I was reached by the GSM Brisbane CO second time for the FBI clearance and English ability for my wife, which i both provided within a week. It has been 3 months since then and the case still shows "Assessment in Progress". I was invited in the month of March 2017 originally. Is this normal? I noticed they have a phone number for you if you are in Australia for any question on progress and suggesting to call the consulate if you are outside Australia. I am in the USA by the way and a bit worried about what's going on. Please advise what I should do? My visa is Subclass 189.
This is standard. All we can do is wait. 8-11 months is the wait time as published in August based of data until end of July. The good news is that the wait time could most likely drop the next time it will get published, in September. Still IMHO, getting a decision before 4-5 months since lodging the application is not all too common.

·
Registered
85 Posts
May I know your CO'S name?my processing team is Brisbane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts