Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am feeling very nervous.
My application for Australian visa subclass 189 is taking more than 1 year. It got longer as I added my wife in my application after lodgement and she had to go through TB test.

Thankfully, TB test came negative and medical clearance provided. But meantime, my ACS assesment, IELTS and my wife`s PTE score all have expired. Though they were all valid when we submitted them.

What will happen? PO is yet to make a decision and our application is again in Assessment in Progress state. Shall our PO consider those document for the time they were submitted or will he decline our application?

Please let us know.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Faysal

·
Registered
23,867 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am feeling very nervous.
My application for Australian visa subclass 189 is taking more than 1 year. It got longer as I added my wife in my application after lodgement and she had to go through TB test.

Thankfully, TB test came negative and medical clearance provided. But meantime, my ACS assesment, IELTS and my wife`s PTE score all have expired. Though they were all valid when we submitted them.

What will happen? PO is yet to make a decision and our application is again in Assessment in Progress state. Shall our PO consider those document for the time they were submitted or will he decline our application?

Please let us know.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Faysal
The CO will not reject your application just because some of these documents have expired

He will give you an opportunity to submit fresh validity documents instead

Don't worry.
Wait for the CO to contact you.
For all you know he may not need any document

Cheers

·
Registered
331 Posts
Faysal,

Eligibility documents and other criteria (like age) are required to be valid only until the date of your invitation. It is only PCC and medicals that they may request again if expired.
Is this still the case? I was about to start a new thread to ask. Does it also apply to IELTS?

Cheers. :cool:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Is this still the case? I was about to start a new thread to ask. Does it also apply to IELTS?

Cheers.
Yes as on day of invite all claims regarding point score should remain valid as per dha.
But one should make sure that till lodgement everything stays true.

Reactions: Y-ME369

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes as on day of invite all claims regarding point score should remain valid as per dha.
But one should make sure that till lodgement everything stays true.
Thank you. :amen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts