Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone I need advice from all you expats out there. I dont have much knowledge about subclass 189 & 190 and was hoping that you guys might help me with my journey. So the first step is vetassess now the problem is I see many people here apply and complete their process without the help of any agent so I want to ask is it a good idea? and can you really successfully apply and get your visa granted without any agent? things like work experience related documents visa application forms and other formalities are organized well by an agent do you think a normal person should go a head and start his process all by himself? if anyone can provide me with guidelines I will forever be thankful to him.

what documents are required for work experience? and what is the alternative to salary slips (if salary is not tax deductible). Again is it hard to start process without hiring any agent/consultant? should i go a head and start my process myself?

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
Have you not tried to look at previous topics for posts regarding Subclass 189 and Subclass 190?

I just had a quick look, and in the last 24 hours alone, there have been 11 active posts about either Subclass 189 or 190 or both.

Surely it can't be that difficult to go and find the posts and read them and glean from them the information that you seek?

Reactions: FrozenAh

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you not tried to look at previous topics for posts regarding Subclass 189 and Subclass 190?

I just had a quick look, and in the last 24 hours alone, there have been 11 active posts about either Subclass 189 or 190 or both.

Surely it can't be that difficult to go and find the posts and read them and glean from them the information that you seek?
thanks for your response yes I have been looking into threads but still not sure whether I should apply by myself or hire an agent/consultant. there are so many questions and twists and turns that if I decide to go ahead by my own then I have to thoroughly study them all. I dont want to mess up, threads are helpful but do not answer your every question.

·
Registered
229 Posts
thanks for your response yes I have been looking into threads but still not sure whether I should apply by myself or hire an agent/consultant. there are so many questions and twists and turns that if I decide to go ahead by my own then I have to thoroughly study them all. I dont want to mess up, threads are helpful but do not answer your every question.
You can apply on your own, there are so many on this forum who have done it. There is information about every step of the application process and almost every possible scenario. Yes you should have the patience of going through the threads and get the information.
The agents will not do much, they can only tell you about the process, information about which is readily available on the Australian government's immigration site and also on the various threads here. Even after hiring an agent you have have to arrange for your documents, appear for tests (IELTS, PET, etc), pay for the Visa and go for the medicals.
If you have the time and patience then go through the threads and get all the information you may possibly need (and save agent fees), else feel free to hire an agent.
A word of caution, there have been plenty of cases where people have hired an agent and the agent has misguided them or messed up their case. Hiring an agent is definitely not foolproof!
Wish you all the best.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks expecting189. can anybody here suggest what documents should one provide if your salary is non tax deductible?
another question I saw in vetassess submission process that they require the daytime phone number of employer/manager. my manager is not always in home country he has two different numbers for each country one of which is a mobile number. so should i write both numbers with a comma? like 123, 3456

1 - 6 of 6 Posts