Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I applied for the Australian Migration under Subclass 176 on 18th September 2008. Since then i have not received any update on the processing of my visa. The rules keep changing every month. Can anyone please advise what is the processing time for Subclass 176 visa. Is there any email or ph# by which i can track the progress of the application?

Also i wish to know how the new priority listing has affected my application. My occupation is not in the MODL. I am sponsored by a family member who has Australian PR.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi,

I applied for the Australian Migration under Subclass 176 on 18th September 2008. Since then i have not received any update on the processing of my visa. The rules keep changing every month. Can anyone please advise what is the processing time for Subclass 176 visa. Is there any email or ph# by which i can track the progress of the application?

Also i wish to know how the new priority listing has affected my application. My occupation is not in the MODL. I am sponsored by a family member who has Australian PR.

Thanks
You are second 18/19th Sept 2008 applicant (176) I have seen on this forum. DIAC is trying to clear CSL applicants first once done, they would start processing other applicants.

Although no timeline is described, but it is expected to start by May/ June 2010.

Till then Keep Patience.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Saurabh

Welcome to the forum, I am 19th Sept 2008 applicant, applied for 175, non MODL, non CSL, converted to state sponsored in September 2009. Hold your horses. Come June/July the 176 apps would start moving too.

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subclass 176

Thank you for the reply. It gets tough to maintain patience for such a long time. Specially when you ve no idea whats going on with your application.

I still ve some doubts. Recently i emailed [email protected], which is an automated email system of tracking which date's visas are being processed. It used to give specific dates earlier but for the last few month all i get is the Priority list and as per that visa class 176 and 175 offshore are not likely to be finalised before 3 years of application.

My colleague got his Visa in just a matter of 5 months. Subclass 175. his occupation was on the MODL. i wonder if the priority list in right, cos if it is then i ll ve to wait till 2012 to get the visa.

Do you know any link on any website by which i can track visa processing. i dont ve a TRN. Ve you got any ref# whne you applied for the visa. Or will i get all this once they assign a case office?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Saurabh, changes are expected around April-June. If you do not fall in CSL, yes you are on priority 7. Try state sponsorship, that gets you on priority 5 or priority 2, depending on what list the states take out for state migration plan. if not, all you can do is wait.

As for timeline, there is a timeline thread here, or there is beupdate where people normally update their timeline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saurabh, changes are expected around April-June. If you do not fall in CSL, yes you are on priority 7. Try state sponsorship, that gets you on priority 5 or priority 2, depending on what list the states take out for state migration plan. if not, all you can do is wait.

As for timeline, there is a timeline thread here, or there is beupdate where people normally update their timeline.

Thanks for the reply. I think i ll ve to wait n keep cool. thanks a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts