Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently finished one year of Biomedical Science here in Australia, but I'm not really interested in it anymore and wanted to change to something along the lines of librarianship or IT. But, I'm planning to move to England next year so I was wondering if it was possible to take a course over there instead.

I've tried looking at the university sites and they all talk about this UCAS thing, but I've done all my study externally so I have no-one to include as references. Are there any other ways of doing those kinds of courses without UCAS? It doesn't have to be at a university (I don't know exactly how education works in the UK), but just some way for be to able to get a qualification while I'm over there (I will have a British passport).

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've currently finished one year of Biomedical Science here in Australia, but I'm not really interested in it anymore and wanted to change to something along the lines of librarianship or IT. But, I'm planning to move to England next year so I was wondering if it was possible to take a course over there instead.

I've tried looking at the university sites and they all talk about this UCAS thing, but I've done all my study externally so I have no-one to include as references. Are there any other ways of doing those kinds of courses without UCAS? It doesn't have to be at a university (I don't know exactly how education works in the UK), but just some way for be to able to get a qualification while I'm over there (I will have a British passport).

Thanks for any help.
UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) is the central body responsible for placement of UK students at UK universities, so you cannot circumvent them. (Overseas (i.e. non-UK citizens) can apply directly to their university of choice, however.)

See here regarding references: UCAS - Who should write my reference?

teuchter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.